Underrated/Underused Actors and Actresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underrated/Underused Actors and Actresses

You know the ones...they never (or rarely ever) get the lead roles in film, but they always deliver the goods in those supporting roles. They are often relegated to 'hey, it's that guy from XXXX movie again' status, and you never really learn to appreciate their career until you look at IMDB and see just how many films they've done.

Case in point: Will Patton. The guy has been around for 30 years or so, constantly working, constantly delivering the goods. He's frequently the right-hand man to somebody ('No Way Out', 'The Punisher', 'Armageddon', 'Gone in 60 Seconds') and occasionally he's the bad guy ('The Postman', '24'). Whatever...he's the goods and deserves more respect.

Others?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Alfred Molina.

Even in bad movies, he shines.

Whether he is chasing after Syl, kowtowing to Maverick, or interrogating a clueless Bill Murray, he always brings his best (or more importantly, his most appropriate) bag of tricks to the show.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Scatman Crothers - Easily one of my favorite actors ever. Now, you only get the random person that remembers him as Hong Kong Phooey or from the Shining.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Kim Coates also falls under this banner.

Shit, I watched fucking Carpool because he was in it.

There is something wrong with me.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ron Pearlman
          Scott Bakula
          Thomas Wilson
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

James Marsden. A character actor with the looks and charm of a leading man and can effectively be heroic (X-Men and Superman Returns), funny (Enchanted) and dramatic (The Notebook).

This guy should be Jack Ryan.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

John Polito. I swear, only the Coen Brothers have utilized him to his full potential.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Instead he's in Straw Dogs

And speaking of Jon Polito, check him out in the first season of Homicide. A shame that he got fired from the show.

Comment

Bridget Fonda. Loved her in damn near everything she's done, wish she'd do more work.

Comment

Kurtwood Smith
                    Ed O'Neill
                    Katey Segal

Comment

Jason Isaacs.

Always solid.

Always.

Even armed with nothing but the opening voiceover and the dubbing of a doctor at the end, he was the best part of Resident Evil. It's not saying much, but he barely lifted a fucking finger and came out of it being even cooler.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        Bridget Fonda. Loved her in damn near everything she's done, wish she'd do more work.
                        I'm honestly surprised that she never 'made it' as a star. I never thought that she was a great actress but she was better than many other starlets that had long, successful careers.

Comment

Second on Issacs, he's the only good thing about The Brotherhood.

Comment

Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Solid work for fucking years.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

William Sanderson aka JS Sebastian

He's always had a great prescence AND he's got a law degree

Comment

Working...
                              X