Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt's 'You're All Insane!' Lists: You're All Insane!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope we can still be innernet friends.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
      Whether the intention was there or not does nothing to change my perception of that film as a classic (albeit a cult one).

It turned Charlie gayer faster than a priest's dick in the ass. That kid could've had Jackie Earle Haley's career.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Breaking Away would have been a lesser film.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          It turned Charlie gayer faster than a priest's dick in the ass. That kid could've had Jackie Earle Haley's career.
          From what I've read, Peter Ostrum decided not to do anymore acting after "Wonka" - it's literally the kid's only film. According to IMDB, he could have had another three picture contract, but he turned it down: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0652578/bio. So I don't know that you could say he could have had a career like JEH, since we never got to see if he had any real range or if it was just a fluke.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
            From what I've read, Peter Ostrum decided not to do anymore acting after "Wonka" - it's literally the kid's only film. According to IMDB, he could have had another three picture contract, but he turned it down: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0652578/bio. So I don't know that you could say he could have had a career like JEH, since we never got to see if he had any real range or if it was just a fluke.

It's lost on you.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I seriously can't believe that a classic CHILDREN'S movie is engendering this kind of hate.

And no one like's the Tim Burton remake.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I can't believe "Mr. Didn't care for DotD" can't see some people just like different things.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

haha.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I hope we can still be innernet friends.
                    I can't quit you Russ.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Good. Let's get back to ragging on Matt with Ruby Rhod gifs.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM. Reason: Less innuendo, more canned ham
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        I can't believe "Mr. Didn't care for DotD" can't see some people just like different things.
                        There's a difference between I didn't care for it versus RAGING HATRED ON PAR WITH HITLER.

People are entitled to opinions but dial it the fuck down.
                        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 10-14-2011, 03:13 PM.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Um no one has equated it with Hitler. Well except you. Someone has on his overreaction pants today.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Well the OG Wonka did take place in a very strange European (DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES) locale...

Augustus Gloop was too fat for the Hitler Youth. Leni Reifenstahl vomited all afternoon when she went to film the Brownshirt Babby's that day.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Sure, it might be dated, but at the end of the day, it is so packed to the rafters in iconography that I can't not see it as a classic.
                              I am in agreement. Pastel paintings come to life work for me though.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                You telling that either Wonka film is a sacred cow?
                                The first? Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X