Back to the Future 2: You're All Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Agreed 100% here. Like I said, the wild finale of BttF2 is really, really well done. It's choreographed really well and is fairly entertaining. It kinda belongs in a different film...the rest (especially the future) is indefensible.

The future vision of 2019 is very much of its time. A brightly colored neon world of assholes. It was a partial slam on Universal and Disney. Buy up everything, make it unoffensive and repackage it for the masses.

Cafe 80s flew right past you, didn't it?
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

At the least two Bobs have always been upfront about never planning on trilogy like oh-so-many assholes claim "was the plan" including Lucas with the original trilogy.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        Cafe 80s flew right past you, didn't it?
        It was grating and unfunny. Having everything MaxHeadroomed wasn't quaint, it was annoying. Having Reagan and the Ayatollah get into a shouting match over the menu was the cinematic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Wasn't that the point? It's why Marty ordered a Pepsi to shut them up.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I just want a Pitbull™.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Me quick one want slow

Comment

The point was that it was Gale and Zemeckis shitting on Disney (who bossed them around on Roger Rabbit) and Universal (who kept hounding them to make material that could produce rides for their new park).

They were shitting on how giant entities will commercialize everything and ruin the future. Hence, Jaws 19 in 3D. Hence, the overabundance of crap technology. Hence, hence, hence....
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Without part 2 we would never have gotten Biff's Pleasure Palace.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

BUT MATT DIDN'T LIKE IT.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I can't get upset about him hating it. Afterall, it's no Fifth Element.

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                        it's no Fifth Element.
                        Few things are...

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          The point was that it was Gale and Zemeckis shitting on Disney (who bossed them around on Roger Rabbit) and Universal (who kept hounding them to make material that could produce rides for their new park).

They were shitting on how giant entities will commercialize everything and ruin the future. Hence, Jaws 19 in 3D. Hence, the overabundance of crap technology. Hence, hence, hence....
                          SATIRE!!! SATIRE!!!

Really, I GOT all that (even when I originally watched it). I just found that the satire of the issue was far more annoying than the actual issue itself. That's just me, though.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

In Matt's defense, I have no doubt seeing Part II end like it did severely pissed people off. Hence the considerable drop in box-office between II and III (the latter still did good business though) and this was during an age with no Internet and shit like Entertainment Tonight and, to a lesser degree, Starlog was the best source of news for genre films.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
                              I can't get upset about him hating it. Afterall, it's no Fifth Element.
                              thank God. I'd rather watch BttF2 than TFE any day.

Comment

I saw it in the theater day one and fucking LOVED IT. Then when the trailer came up for part 3 people went apeshit.

TL;DR

COOL STORY BROSEF

Comment

Working...
                                X