Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played the Deadlight trial today. I don't know that I'd buy it for $15* but it's interesting. The 3D backgrounds kept throwing me off, thinking that I could move in more directions than just left or right.

*has it really come to this? $15 really isn't that much money.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
      Played the Deadlight trial today. I don't know that I'd buy it for $15* but it's interesting. The 3D backgrounds kept throwing me off, thinking that I could move in more directions than just left or right.

*has it really come to this? $15 really isn't that much money.
      It's like two hours and change. I'll keep my money until its on steam for $5.

Comment

• Day z has some low lows but the highs are great. Nothing else like it. Found our irst copter crash and scored amazing military loot.

Comment

• ended up putting in Uncharted 3 as I was stuck on a mission near the end for last few months. Booted it up, killed the stupid fuck and made progress. Really enjoying this lull in new games atm. About to finish up UC3, MP3, and SR3. SO MANY THREES.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Gave Ceej Dead Island to play for a bit as I just can't get into it at the moment. Hopefully hear what he thinks next podcast.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Day z has some low lows but the highs are great. Nothing else like it. Found our irst copter crash and scored amazing military loot.
              You sold me this shit big time. Will buy the standalone game when it comes out.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                Gave Ceej Dead Island to play for a bit as I just can't get into it at the moment. Hopefully hear what he thinks next podcast.
                Hahahahahahahahaha, awaits inevitable "Ceej didn't even open the game" diatribe on the next cast.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• he actually was playing it last night. Meanwhile Anderson and I are in a heated battle over Pinball FX2 scores.

Comment

• I love sleeping dogs story, but like most open world games it gets repetitive.

Comment

• Starting Sleeping Dogs this week. In between Skyrim sessions.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                        he actually was playing it last night. Meanwhile Anderson and I are in a heated battle over Pinball FX2 scores.
                        Good on Ceej. If I still had my 360 I'd so be into that pinball battle. I played it quite a bit when it first came out.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          You sold me this shit big time. Will buy the standalone game when it comes out.
                          Tomorrow I'll break down today's adventure. Hope you have a nice desktop to play on.

Comment

• So Day Z is pretty much the best online experience I've had since Vanilla WoW. Even with all the jank and some headaches, but even those headaches can lead to amazing times.

So my buddy and I were raiding the international airfield. This is probably the second or third most dangerous place in the game. It's the largest military installation, and spawns the most high end gear. So at some point you're probably going to want to come here, and risk the zombies, the snipers in the towers around the entire perimeter, and the other players just trying to sneak into the hangars hoping for a decent rifle.

We entered from the far side of the base, opposite the hangars and barracks. We had to belly crawl I'd say an easy 1,000 yards, while dodging zombie patrols. There was also the added problem that some military bodies cause graphical glitches and will turn your screen into a kaleidoscope. This means looking opposite of where you're going until you get beyond that dumb body spawn. We raided the firehouse, the barracks, and were heading to the hangars. I got disconnected, and took a short bio and food break. When I returned my buddy was at the far hangar, so I made my way to him.

There are six hangars, and I was down to the third one. Then I hear a barrage of automatic gunfire. OH SHIT. My buddy tells me it's cool, that's him killing a zombie. Then I see a fucking flood of zombies coming for that hangar. I don't move an itch. Zombies just start dropping and we are cracking up. He tells me come on in, don't mind the mess. He had probably 20-25 zombie bodies in the hangar, and he was standing in back with his new AK47. And luckily, there was an M16 waiting for me.

We did a bit more exploring, but at this point it was about 2am so we called it a night. The next day we log in, and when we do the buggy mod jank rears its ugly head. It spawned my friend way down on the coast. It took us HOURS and HOURS to make it to the airfield. Luckily the airfield is pretty far west, and my friend spawned on the west end of the coastline. He says fuck it, I've got all my gear, I know where the tree line is, I'm balls out running to you. I know that even balls out running means a solid 20-30 minute trek. I decide to look around for some more ammo for both our assault rifles (and the G17 he picked up) before heading towards him.

As I am crawling to the edge of a hangar for a loot spawn I see something crawling towards me. I don't shoot, thinking it is a zombie with no legs (these fuckers will really do you in). By the time I swing around and have my pistol on its head I see it is another player. I go to iron sights but he jumps back and is hidden behind the wall. FUCK.

Now I am worried. I'm telling my friend what is going on, and he is running as fast as he can to make it to me. I've got an incredible kit going, and really don't want to lose it. I haven't even equipped and loaded my M16 yet! I keep my pistol aimed at the wall and work my way to the back corner of the hangar. When I get there I load the M16 and aim it for where this player was. Thanks to the continued jank I can see his name when I hover over him, due to there being a door in the wall that doesn't actually act as a door. What followed was a fucking intense stalemate. He was waiting outside for me to come out. He would most definitely kill me. I waited for him to get cocky. He did peek around the corner once, but I didn't fire, because doing so without killing him would just send zombies after me.

After a solid 15 minute standoff the guy takes off. His name is no longer coming up through the door. I sneaked around to check the corners and see nothing. I check my map and give my friend the coordinates and tell him remember. If I die I want him to come back and check for my body, and kill this fucker. I stand up and fucking bolt out, turn behind the hangar, through the broken fence, and duck into the trees. Nothing. No shot. No zombies.

Everything went better than expected!

I carefully make my way south to a town with a really great grocery store and office building where tons of stuff spawns. I have to go along the airfield perimeter, which means lookout towers all around me. I am preparing to bolt across an open field when someone opens fire on me. I immediately go prone, crawl to a bush. Only one tower has a view of me, but from my binoculars I see nothing. I check the server list, and see some dude logging out. Pussy. But now I run!

Comment

• So I make my way from field to treeline, and eventually we meet back up in town. We resupply with food and drink. I notice I have a ton of food in my pack, 8 cans. And plenty of soda. I end up finding two filled canteens. Water and cooked meat will last twice as long as soda and cans of beans/sardines/pasta. Having canteens is great. At this point I have to leave for my dad's birthday so we log out in the grocery store.

We decide to head east to another military installation, and the major city with the least foot traffic. We want to resupply our medical supplies, and blood bags can only be found in one of four hospitals or a military base. When we find a nice spot we break for lunch. Upon logging back in I get fucked. The buggy shit kills me, and drops me at the coast...but with my previous status. I am hungry. I am thirsty. I have lost half my blood...and I don't have any supplies.

I start running north, and my friend steals some soda from my dead body's pack and starts running toward me. I find a town, and have an idea where I am. Luckily I spawned on the west coast, not too far from him. We both start running. My thirst and hunger meters start blinking red. Soon I will begin losing blood/health and can possibly black out. I might die again. I find a town, and know that there are two deer stands outside of it. Deer stands spawn military grade gear. I find my way to the northernmost deer stand, and crawl up in. I find an AK47 and the largest backpack in the game (an upgrade even from the one on my body).

My friend makes it to me, and I drink up. He bandages me because for some reason I was losing blood. I ask for food...he didn't bring food. Are you kidding me?! OK, balls to the wall time. His hunger is now red as well. Back north! He wrote down the coordinates that we had logged out in, and we start running. We hit the final open field between my body and all my supplies, and my blood is ticking down. Once I hit 5000 I can start blacking out. I am getting really close to this point. If I black out, then it's over. I will bleed out and die unless my buddy has an epi-pen..which he doesn't.

So we make it to my body. We both get food from my pack. I knew there was a reason I was hording 8 cans of grub. I rearrange my gear, get a blood transfusion, and get all my shit back. Well that was exciting. Most intense time I think I've had playing a game...which I had just said earlier when in the standoff at the air field.

We decide on a location we went to make it to before logging for the night. On our way there we kill a boar, and cook it up. Hmmm tasty murder. Then in the last field we are to cross before logging out we see the holy grail. A helicopter crash! Our first!

Copter crashes are the best spawn points for loot. You'll get six spawn points, and it will all be military or medical gear. There will only be six copter crashes per server each day. And they are in random locations. There aren't even set coordinates, only that they will only spawn in open fields. Since I have the biggest pack it is decided I will run out, grab all I can. My friend will provide cover of other players and zombies. Military zombies can knock you out and cause bleeding in one hit. They are scary. I run out to the copter and find a gillie suit, some ammo we can't use, and an assault rifle with nightvision. Since I am carrying a ton of food I don't have space for it. We get my friend out there and he makes room and packs it away. Now we have a sniper and NVG. Tonight will be awesome.

Comment

• So seriously, when this stand alone comes out you guys should play. It's great in a squad. Running around with 2-4 people is the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X