No announcement yet.

Dumb & Dumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the movie twice around the time it came out. Hated it both times. I wasn't exactly interested in fucking editing, comedic timing and what not. It was either something I liked or not. And fuck me with a chainsaw if I'm going to watch a shitty movie from that long ago just to have a reason you think is valid to hate it. That's like asking someone to punch their dick because "it hurts" just didn't convey their feelings enough for you.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You just didn't get it. Comedy is highly suggestive, but when you call something a turd and yet a lot of other people like it, there's something you might be missing.

Look, I hate most rap music, but it doesn't stop me from liking and appreciate A Tribe Called Quest.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        You just didn't get it. Comedy is highly suggestive, but when you call something a turd and yet a lot of other people like it, there's something you might be missing.
        I was just pickin' earlier with my Super-Nintendo Chalmers stare. But I understand why B_Metal doesn't dig it.

Hell speaking of comedies, I hate the American Pie films; never got why people went crazy over them. Ditto the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels (although as the years pass now, I hear more people renounce their knee-jerk love and acknowledge how much shit they were) and Transformers films.
        Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-20-2011, 08:16 AM.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

I get why he hates them, just like Matt hates The Fifth Element, but there's some great stuff in Dumb and Dumber. And while I share your hate of the Pirates sequels, despite Depp, but I love the first Transformers, despite it's obvious flaws.

Comment

The first Transformers has Spielberg rubbed, felt up and dry-humped all over it (Spiel-boned?) All the major shots he called (brought on K&O to write, hired Shia and Bay, but held him with a leash at times; like Nolan/Snyder on Superman and Singer/Vaughn on X-Men: First Class).

Could explain why some thought it worked as a movie.
            Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-20-2011, 08:42 AM.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

It's exactly why it worked. I think I heard that Spielberg didn't have the time for the 2nd one, and that could explain the disaster that the sequel was. The whole coming-of-age tale in it is all Spielberg, as I'm sure Bay didn't give a shit about it.

Comment

By that logic, we could get an X-Men: First Class sequel where Magneto walks away calling his opponents cunts and over-the-top crazy violent shenanigans!
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

No, I'm saying that Spielberg's touch gave the first movie the necessary charactarization and some restraint that made it an actually fun and good movie. The sans-Spielberg 2nd one proves this.

Comment

I knew what you were saying. Just fucking around. I still find it to be a horrible movie personally though.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

This fucking thread has made me Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        That's like asking someone to punch their dick because "it hurts" just didn't convey their feelings enough for you.

Now, I know how I'm going to spend my afternoon.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Now I'm gonna go watch Dumb and Dumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Look, I hate most rap music, but it doesn't stop me from liking and appreciate A Tribe Called Quest.
                            Sorry Martin but I "got it," I just didn't LIKE it. There's a big fucking difference. I've never dug that type of humor and no matter how slickly it's edited, or how great the timing, someone having super shits with goofy faces only to have someone tell them the toilet isn't working just isn't that fucking funny to me.

And to say that I'm missing something because other people like it is fucking ridiculous. People like Ke$ha according to her record sales, so does that mean you just "don't get it" with regards to her? OR could it mean that the people who like her probably like shitty disposable pop "music?"

I think some of you are forgetting that different people's taste matter just as much as the technical shit that goes into a film. It's art, whether it be high art or not, and all art is WHAT'S THE MAGIC WORD?????? SUBJECTIVE.

Feel free to pick apart the above argument all you like but I think I'm pretty much done with this thread.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

NO YOU'RE NOT!

Comment

THAT scene and the moment where Jeff Daniels simply unloads a snowball, full force, into Lauren Holly's face. PURE gold.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X