Dumb & Dumber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb & Dumber

Can't decide who walked away with the funnier performance; Carrey or Daniels.

Probably doesn't speak well about me that I still laughed throughout like I did when I first saw it. When I was ten years old.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Daniels. He steals the film and his shit ages better.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Should be noted though. Stick with the theatrical version. The unrated edition feels like watching a rough cut and it suffers the same problem as most comedies in "unrated" form on home-video. Just drags out longer than needed.
      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
        Daniels. He steals the film and his shit ages better.
        I concur.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Probably agree with Daniels, though Carrey's improv "We landed on the moon!" bit is one of my favorite things in the movie. Well, Carrey has better lines, but Daniels' is more of a revelation for me.

Fuck it. Both great. Love dat flick.
          Last edited by Trejo; 03-19-2011, 12:10 AM.
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

The bathroom scene still slays me.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Come for Carrey, stay for Daniels

For me, it was the scene where the fat hitman eats the chili burger and crumbles to the floor, while Carrey just points at him and laugh. That scenes destroys me still. I loved Carrey in Ace Ventura (yeah, a guilty pleasure), but here, it's Daniels' performance that glue this whole tale of retardation and sends it to the next level.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I'd say the movie's underrated in its subtly towards their stupidity. One of those "Didn't catch it as a kid, but got it an adult" things.

"She told me some crap how I never listened to her but I wasn't really paying attention!"
                "There's no a single job left in this city! Unless you wanna work 40 hours a week?!"
                Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-19-2011, 09:41 AM.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Never saw it.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I know I love the movie, but I don't think I've seen it in at least 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                      I'd say the movie's underrated in its subtly towards their stupidity. One of those "Didn't catch it as a kid, but got it an adult" things.

"She told me some crap how I never listened to her but I wasn't really paying attention!"
                      "There's no a single job left in this city! Unless you wanna work 40 hours a week?!"
                      No shit. There's a bit more that I also never caught at first.

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      Never saw it.
                      Please watch this ASAP.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I'm gonna be that guy today.

FUCK THIS MOVIE, FUCK IT IN IT'S RETARDED ASS!!! SO FUCKING STUPID. YOU ARE ALL INSANE!!
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          I'm gonna be that guy today.

FUCK THIS MOVIE, FUCK IT IN IT'S RETARDED ASS!!! SO FUCKING STUPID. YOU ARE ALL INSANE!!
                          I got your back...

Comment

I'm glad there's at least one sane person here. Jesus that movie is so dumb. HURRR DE DURRR LOOK HE SQUIRTED MUSTARDS AND CATCHUPS ON HIS FACE LOLLERGOATS!!!!
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

When it came out on video, I watched it with my kids.

About 30 minutes into the film, my daughter looks at me and says...

"Dad? Is this supposed to be funny?"

Comment

Working...
                              X