Ack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ack!

So, shitty. Did one of the automatic windows updates on my wife's laptop, restarted, and now... Nothing. The computer won't even turn on. I hit the on button, and the fans start whirring for a microsecond, then it turns off. I've tried with both batteries, plugged in and unplugged.... Nothing.

Any ideas?

Canyou get into the bios?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

No. The computer only powers on for a split second. Like, not even long enough for the splash image to display.

Comment

Power supply?
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Yeah, the battery could be fucking hosed.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This sounds similar to a problem I had a while back. Buying a new psu fixed it.

Comment

How the hell do you replace a psu in a laptop?

Comment

no idea, you're fucked

Comment

Fej may be right. without being able to look at it, I can't really do anything. Your best bet right now would be to take out the HD and go buy a cheap enclosure to make sure she didn't lose any info.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    Fej may be right. without being able to look at it, I can't really do anything. Your best bet right now would be to take out the HD and go buy a cheap enclosure to make sure she didn't lose any info.
                    Exactly...

I would take it in or if it's still under warranty send that bitch in.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                    X