Comic-Con 09'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *snicker*
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      *snicker*

I should just post everything I get in my inbox today regarding Comic Con
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Neat.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/20...DEO/Page1.html
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• from Jeb's post at Chud.

Rich Johnston, who's seen more than one of these announcements in his day, seems to think something genuinely big is going to be announced today:

Quote:
          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">I understand that on Friday’s Cup O’ Joe panel at San Diego Comic Con, Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada will announce that Marvel will publish something. And I know what it is. I squirrelled it out, piecing together all sorts of aspects from many sources. But I’ve been asked to hold off from any mention, however small, even on the atomic level, because of unique issues involved. So I’m being nice.

When they announce what it is, there is bound to be speculation, intrigue, interest and artwork hitting the major sites. The boards will explode, twitter will fail, this is the closest I’ve ever seen to that fabled legend in comics, that of breaking the internet in half.

Joe Quesada has been doing his own teasing. He twitters:

"I’m going to say this repeatedly over the next few days, Go to the Cup o’ Joe panel on Friday at 2:00. Why? Because somewhere midway through the panel, we’ll be showing a piece of art and making an announcement that will be the talk of the con."

He’s right, it will be.

But I’m not telling. Because of real, honest, extenuating circumstances that could screw real, honest people over if I run it now. In fact, the timing is such an issue, the announcement may have to wait till the end of the panel. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          I'm particularly intrigued by the notion that timing is so critical: the difference between 2:30 and 3:00 pm could make a big difference? Wonder if it has to do with something else happening at the same time at the Con?

The hot speculation at this point seems to be that they've finally cleared Miracleman/Marvelman for reprint, with Gaiman set to finally resume writing the rest of the series.
          Movement on the Captain America movie? As in casting and director? I don't see the Miracleman/Marvelman resolution breaking the interents. More than a little intrigued.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
            from Jeb's post at Chud.

Movement on the Captain America movie? As in casting and director? I don't see the Miracleman/Marvelman resolution breaking the interents. More than a little intrigued.

I just got a confirm. Can't say, though. Looks like it should be announced shortly after 3 EST.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Yeah, why would that break anything? And would Capt. america do that as well?

Unless it was: MARLON WAYONS is CAPTAIN AMERICA

That I could see breaking the internet.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Well, I was thinking a black Capt America actually (just not Wayans). Yes, I could see that breaking the internets.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Being as I'm not a Capt. America nerd, it wouldn't bother me either way. black, white, yellow, green. Who cares, but if it was Marlon, I would care. Unless we could get another Requiem type of performance.

Comment

• If they really want to blow our minds, they'll make Captain America a female.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I am a Capt America nerd and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. The character is about an ideal (skin color shouldn't matter).

Comment

• Or a dog.

Comment

• I truly hope that is the case (the news bomb they're unveiling...not the Black Cap part, though that sounds fine by me), as it seems to be regarding the character at the moment in the comics/timing needed to fast track the film for the Avengers film.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think I have it!

The news that will break the internet is that they are going to base Capt. America on Rob Leifeld's drawings.

Comment

• You need the one that shows Cap America from the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                I think I have it!

The news that will break the internet is that they are going to base Capt. America on Rob Leifeld's drawings.

Instead of the shitty title "The First Avenger: Captain America", the marketing department has decided the film will be called:

MANTITS OF FREEDOM! The Captain America Story.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X