No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not familiar enough with the comic to know if that character needs to be played by a great actor or not.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      I'm not familiar enough with the comic to know if that character needs to be played by a great actor or not.

Drax in comics has 2 settings.

1) Resurrected and dumb
      2) Mindless blood vengeance trek to kill Thanos.

That's all.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I hesitate to say Bert Macklin, FBI Agent, looks perfect in that shot but, man, he looks pretty close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Drax in comics has 2 settings.

1) Resurrected and dumb
          2) Mindless blood vengeance trek to kill Thanos.

That's all.
          So Dave will do then.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The trek wasn't completely mindless. Dave looks kinda goofy but I'm sure he'll do just fine so long as he is able to mimic Riddick.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Goofy? He looks like every drawing of that character I've seen so far.

Comment

• It's because all I see is Batista in make-up.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm hoping Star Lord rocks a cooler outfit than the "You mean Starbucks is out of my Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino? The FUCK, man?" gear he's rocking in that pic.

Also, Rocket Raccoon = the bomb, yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    It's because all I see is Batista in make-up.
                    Ahhhh, Ok, that I get.

Comment

The trek wasn't completely mindless. Dave looks kinda goofy but I'm sure he'll do just fine so long as he is able to mimic Riddick.

Drax was resurrected for one purpose. To kill Thanos.

He can't function outside of that purpose and he usually requires helpers to keep him in a state of sanity. Whether that be Moondragon, Cammi or the Guardians.

That being said, Riddick had a lot more going on upstairs than Drax. Drax was more of a programmable husk.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• You just gonna sit there and ignore the whole relationship greennuts had with Cammi, or his whole mentoring role with Nova/conversations with the World Mind?

The Hulk is (was) mindless. Drax is (was) focused.

The Riddick-is-Drax thing is more about the "unkillable knife-wielding badass who only says badass things" aspects of the reborn Destroyer.

Come on guys, go read Annihilation. It's awesome.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-01-2014, 09:56 AM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I didn't read any of the Drax stuff you guys are talking about. My whole experience with him is him being created from a dead human to kill Captain Mar'Vell. I believe those books date from the late 70's to the early 80's. He was FAR from mindless in those tales.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Long story short: in the 90s he became cosmic Hulk, where was a dumbshit.

He died in the 00s and was reborn a smart, smaller dude with red shit all over him and a bone to pick with Thanos.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Long story short: in the 90s he became cosmic Hulk, where was a dumbshit.

He died in the 00s and was reborn a smart, smaller dude with red shit all over him and a bone to pick with Thanos.

I think we're getting tripped in the wording. I was referring to his degree of independence outside of his sole reason for being.

He was a husk brought back to kill Thanos and that's all he can do. When he does kill Thanos, he loses purpose and starts to drift. Cammi did help with that during Annihilation, but the fact remains. He's a random dude from the American Southwest reborn as a green killer warrior. Sometimes, he remembers that he was Arthur Douglas, sometimes he's the mongoloid pal of Adam Warlock and sometimes he's got a cosmic Lone Wolf and Cub going on with Cammi.

But, everything returns back to his genetically encoded purpose: Thanos stabbing.

Comment

• I think describing the character as mindless is a bit unfair.

Besides, it's a noble intention to want to rid the universe of that prune-faced motherfucker.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X