SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    Fuck DC and their (mostly) unrealistic world/characters. Make mine Marvel!
    Yes, because Marvel movies = so realistic. Lulz @ comic fanboyism
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Major Marvel characters tend to be a bit more realistic than DC characters. Seriously. Not a fanboy comment
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus McHugecock View Post
        Yes, because Marvel movies = so realistic. Lulz @ comic fanboyism
        Where did I say Marvel was realistic? Certainly hands and shoulders over DC when it comes to realism though. Their characters are (more or less) grounded in the real world with real world problems. Definitely easier to relate to Marvel characters (for me).
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Major Marvel characters tend to be a lot more realistic than DC characters. Seriously. Not a fanboy comment
          Fixed.

Just look at Spider-Man.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I can identify with a nerdy kid bit by a spider. I however cannot identify with a flying god. At least not anymore.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

OK, so Blade, is he considered realistic or what? How about Ghost Rider? Come on people's it's not the realism that makes the Marvel properties better. It's been that MOST of them were just better movies, (not Ghost Rider) Last time I checked, the last Batmang flick was pretty badass and that's a DC property. And I guess you could argue "but his tech's is all realistic" if you wanted but I think the key to comic book movies working is less about realism and more about making a good movie that happens to be about comic book characters.

Although I will admit DC does have a shallow pool to pick from.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Robert Pattinson as Peter Parker. You know it's gonna happen.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Where did I say Marvel was realistic?
                  Fuck DC and their (mostly) unrealistic world/characters. Make mine Marvel!
                  I guess it seemed kind of implied but maybe I fails at teh engrish.

Comment

Marvel movies > DC movies

FACT

Comment

]OK, so Blade, is he considered realistic or what? How about Ghost Rider? Come on people's it's not the realism that makes the Marvel properties better. It's been that MOST of them were just better movies, (not Ghost Rider) Last time I checked, the last Batmang flick was pretty badass and that's a DC property. And I guess you could argue "but his tech's is all realistic" if you wanted but I think the key to comic book movies working is less about realism and more about making a good movie that happens to be about comic book characters.

Although I will admit DC does have a shallow pool to pick from.
                      Those aren't even considered major Marvel characters. Hell, for the most part, they aren't a part of the normal Marvel continuity. Try again.

Comment

DC movies would work perfectly in awesome CG.

Comment

I guess it seemed kind of implied but maybe I fails at teh engrish.
                          Implied that Marvel was more realistic than DC? Yes. Not that Marvel movies were realistic in general. Certainly more identifiable though.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Marvel movies > DC movies

FACT
                            So far that is truth.
                            Those aren't even considered major Marvel characters. Hell, for the most part, they aren't a part of the normal Marvel continuity. Try again.
                            How about X-Mangs, Fantastic 4, Hulk, Daredevil? that shit's realistic as hell huh Howard? The discussion wasn't about which characters were MAJOR ones, but more realistic. Try again.

Comment

I just think it's goofy to want realism from comic movies. Now the identifiable thing you mentioned? That's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important.

Comment

Each of those movies you listed deal with real world problems.

X-Men: Homosexuality
                                F4: 4times the Homosexuality
                                Hulk: Big Homosexuality
                                Daredevil: Blind Homosexuality

Comment

Working...
                                X