No announcement yet.

SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, NON MARVEL SPIDEY DOES WHAT A SPIDER CAN IF SONY LETS HIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's some good photoshop work there, Ari.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Paint, motherfucker. Photoshop is for bitches.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I'd hate to derail, but Huffingtonpost has the topless perfume ad featuring Portman.

I'd link it but I have no idea how work-safe it is.

Comment

• USE THE SPOILER TAG FFS!!! lulz

Linkage, no boob shown. Epic letdown.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Boobs or not, she looks like she'd make God stutter if He tried talking to her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
              Paint, motherfucker. Photoshop is for bitches.
              DO WE HAVE A PS/PAINT WAR GOING ON?

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• IT'S ON! PAINT WAR BITCHES! IT'S ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Oh SNAP!

Comment

• Oh Ed. Prepare for your entry either tonight or tomorrow.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Just read that if you look closely at the wrist you can see gold "discs" so looks like mechanical. Which is fucking stupid.
                      Your face is fucking stupid!

The mechanical webshooters (which it looks like they're using here) were great because it was another nod to how smart Parker was. It kept him tied to his nerdy roots even though he turned into a super-powered hero.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I hate this costume but I really don't like it on first look. The original design is PERFECT. I don't understand the need to change it. Especially those stupid gloves.

Comment

• It's stupid. STUPID. Stoooopid. OK, he's so goddamn smart that he makes this fucking MIRACLE adhesive with about a quadrillion fucking uses, not to mention the incredible delivery system of the shooters and he spends his time going to school? And slumming it as a photographer? Fuck that. Create, market, sell that shit, become a billionaire, set up a fucking charity in your Uncle's name and bang smoking hot red heads all day long. He can't be that smart.

Not to mention...the character is SPIDER-MAN and the creators gave him...what? He can climb walls and shit...and he gets a "spidey sense" that nobody even associates with spiders...but somehow the mutation did not give him the ONE thing everyone associates and would make him identify with a spider...shooting webs. Mechanical how I shot web is fucking STUPID and should have been stopped before the first comic ever went to print.

Comment

• Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala. I'm not listening to Billy. Spider-Man always had mechanical webshooters.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• The charity thing is a nice idea but he felt too guilty. He's such a good boy!

Maybe they didn't go with organic webshooters because at the time the "OLOL organic webshooter" jokes would have been scandalous? I mean, you got ol' Dr. Wertham thinking a shadow on a shoulder was secretly a pussy so he probably would have completely lost his shit at a guy shooting sticky white goop out of his wrists.

Comment

• To run with gravediggers's theory, they probably just never considered it. Remember, Spidey came along in the early 60's, and he was originally used for what was supposed to be a one-off story for a comic that was immediately cancelled (Amazing Fantasy #15). Nobody, not Stan lee, Steve Ditko, et. al. thought there was any more to do with Spider-Man.

Until the sales numbers came in.

Besides, for the 60's, the mindset was they needed to show how smart Parker was, and whipping up a gadget that shot webs was an easy enough example of his brilliance. In hindsight, if he had to do it all over again today, Lee would've gone with organic webshooters - he's said so in a few interviews, when the first Spider-Man movie came out, that he wished he thought of that idea.

Besides, it's kind of a neat dramatic moment when Spidey runs out of web fluid, and he's gotta refill quickly before the bad guy reacts or runs away. Makes him seem a bit more human.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                Boobs or not, she looks like she'd make God stutter if He tried talking to her.
                                Since I could not find a video of God stuttering, here you go.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNyFAa_nAPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lNyFAa_nAPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...
                                X