SHIT

Last night's episode

FUUUUUUCK
    sigpic
    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

yeah.

GODDAMN that was some tense shit.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Everything with Hank was aces. Jesse acted his ass off this episode.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley View Post
            Everything with Hank was aces. Jesse acted his ass off this episode.
            Just watched it last night, and I could swear he was trying for another AA nom. Hahaha.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Spoiler: latest episode spoilers 
              Jesus Christ, Gustavo is unfuckwithable. I think Walt's starting to realize that sometimes the guy without a gun can be scarier than the legless motherfucker with hatred and death in his eyes slowly crawling towards him.
              sigpic
              360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Breaking Bad: Breaking a good show with Bad writing.

Rob was gushing about how awesome this season of Breaking Bad is on Facebook, precisely at a time when I was trying not to lose interest after watching the third episode in a row where I was like, "What the fuck were these writers thinking...did I miss something? Did they get new writers? Are they under pressure from corporate to start writing in the same tired cliches you can find in any episode of 24 or ER or my personal favorite show of all time, That's So Raven."

Anyway, I will submit the key things that stuck out about the recent episodes in an effort to ruin it for the rest of you by hating on a show that totally blew my mind in the first two seasons with it's unconventional story, brilliant character development, and unpredictable twists. Let's see if I can hate on that show thoroughly enough to bring your minds, kicking and screaming, into the world of critical thinking:

First there is Pinkman (the most disappointing change for the worse), who inexplicably hates Hank more than anyone in world for justifiably beating his ass. I mean, Tuco kicked the shit out of him and landed him in the hospital for absolutely no reason at all. Not two episodes later he was talking to Tuco and happily continuing his partnership with Walter. Clearly Pinkman isn't so volatile as to go off the deep end because of an ass kicking. Yet, despite the fact that he tricked this officer into thinking his wife was dead in a car accident, he can't see any reason for the beatdown he received...Hmmmm, Tuco beats his ass for no reason at all, he's totally cool with it. Hank beats him down for just about the worst prank you could ever pull on someone and Pinkman is going to do everything he can to ruin the guys life. Also, nobody thinks to bring that up when arguing with him in the hospital either, quite a point to gloss over. Just last episode Pinkman continues his descent into utter dickhead-ness, teasing Walt about Hank's attempted murder, "Tell you brother in law to hurry up and take his last breath." Apparently he was more rational on meth...he wasn't inexplicably pushing Meth on teenage girls at random gas stations while driving his lab...WHEN THERE IS A COP IN THE STORE!

Then there is this whole twist with Walter convincing KFC Owner / Drug Kingpin to fire his other meth cook and hire Pinkman. Doesn't this guy realize Pinkman is a total liability? He's all over the police radar! Couldn't they think up something better than this? Not to mention this other cook built the lab and is probably just as valuable as Walt...

The worst though, is the two Mexican T-800s, who started off bad ass and then just become the most generic, bumbling, monologueing doofi when it comes to killing Hank. Seriously, how hard is it to write a gunfight without the bad guys doing totally stupid shit like "We are coming to kill you in 2 minutes." And then, after Hank takes one out (in a pretty bad ass way, this whole fight was a great opportunity to make Hank look like a bad ass, not make the two killers look inept) the other gets Hank exactly where he wants him and, and , and...decides to go get an axe after a brief monologue in nonsensical spanish..."muy facile". Just so you know "muy facile" translates into "much easy", not "too easy", which is something very different in Spanish. Lazy writing indeed.

But seriously, he wants to kill Hank but using a gun (which was evidently their plan all along) suddenly is too easy so he just casually walks over to his car and gets the axe out...in a crowded parking lot??? I was like, WTF did they do to my show! I was just commenting not three episodes earlier to my buddy that the show kicked so much ass because of the little things that made it believable, like the cop radioing for back up when he senses things aren't right at the house the two churros shacked up in. I loved the character development and the story was compelling enough without having to top every episode with a more outrageous cliff hanger every time...now I'm just wondering why Pinkman is such an idiot and nobody knows how to write for him.

Comment

Originally posted by goober8008 View Post
                  Rob was gushing about how awesome this season of Breaking Bad is on Facebook, precisely at a time when I was trying not to lose interest after watching the third episode in a row where I was like, "What the fuck were these writers thinking...did I miss something? Did they get new writers? Are they under pressure from corporate to start writing in the same tired cliches you can find in any episode of 24 or ER or my personal favorite show of all time, That's So Raven."
                  And we begin.

Anyway, I will submit the key things that stuck out about the recent episodes in an effort to ruin it for the rest of you by hating on a show that totally blew my mind in the first two seasons with it's unconventional story, brilliant character development, and unpredictable twists. Let's see if I can hate on that show thoroughly enough to bring your minds, kicking and screaming, into the world of critical thinking:

First there is Pinkman (the most disappointing change for the worse), who inexplicably hates Hank more than anyone in world for justifiably beating his ass. I mean, Tuco kicked the shit out of him and landed him in the hospital for absolutely no reason at all. Not two episodes later he was talking to Tuco and happily continuing his partnership with Walter.
                  Tuco was scarier than any cop man. Seriously, you know this. All a cop is gonna do is lock you up. Tuco was going to KILL THEM if they didn't do what he said and he had quite the reputation to do this. Standard drug shit man. So this point doesn't hold up.

Clearly Pinkman isn't so volatile as to go off the deep end because of an ass kicking. Yet, despite the fact that he tricked this officer into thinking his wife was dead in a car accident, he can't see any reason for the beatdown he received...
                  That was Saul. I doubt Pinkman came up with that plan man. You're inferring too much here. Doesn't hold up.

Hmmmm, Tuco beats his ass for no reason at all, he's totally cool with it. Hank beats him down for just about the worst prank you could ever pull on someone and Pinkman is going to do everything he can to ruin the guys life. Also, nobody thinks to bring that up when arguing with him in the hospital either, quite a point to gloss over. Just last episode Pinkman continues his descent into utter dickhead-ness, teasing Walt about Hank's attempted murder, "Tell you brother in law to hurry up and take his last breath." Apparently he was more rational on meth...he wasn't inexplicably pushing Meth on teenage girls at random gas stations while driving his lab...WHEN THERE IS A COP IN THE STORE!
                  Dude, really? Pinkman has always been hot headed and short sighted. ALWAYS. The Hank thing pushed him over the edge because Walt pushed him out of the picture which means now he's fucked up and had no way to make his PHAT LOOTZ. Which means no money, plus he thought that Walt was stealing his thunder.
                  Then there is this whole twist with Walter convincing KFC Owner / Drug Kingpin to fire his other meth cook and hire Pinkman. Doesn't this guy realize Pinkman is a total liability? He's all over the police radar! Couldn't they think up something better than this? Not to mention this other cook built the lab and is probably just as valuable as Walt...
                  Not a twist at all. Walt had to do this, because like Saul said, it's just a matter of time before the cops would have caught Jesse on his own and he would have (he said it for fuck's sake) ratted out EVERYONE. So of course Walt is gonna try to get rid of the proper assistant to get Jesse in. And Gustavo just wants the blue ice so he can break off on his own and out of the cartel. So long as Walt brings the meth, he'll have to just deal with Walt bringing Jesse in. Who's to say that once this is done, that Gustavo doesn't try to off Walt or Jesse? In fact, I dig this now because I was sure that the new assistant was trying to steal Walt's formula so Gustavo wouldn't neat Walt anymore.

The worst though, is the two Mexican T-800s, who started off bad ass and then just become the most generic, bumbling, monologueing doofi when it comes to killing Hank. Seriously, how hard is it to write a gunfight without the bad guys doing totally stupid shit like "We are coming to kill you in 2 minutes." And then, after Hank takes one out (in a pretty bad ass way, this whole fight was a great opportunity to make Hank look like a bad ass, not make the two killers look inept) the other gets Hank exactly where he wants him and, and , and...decides to go get an axe after a brief monologue in nonsensical spanish..."muy facile". Just so you know "muy facile" translates into "much easy", not "too easy", which is something very different in Spanish. Lazy writing indeed.
                  Hahah. I love you man. You LOVE AVATAR (with all of it's stupid plot shit) but bitch about shit that has no bearing here. How are they generic and bumbling? They are fucking killing machines (when told) and the Hank shit was PERSONAL. Hank fucking offed Tuco and that was the only reason they started this Terminator shit against Hank. It was shown in the flashback with their crazy uncle telling them that the only thing that matter is family. In the heat of the moment, sometimes an axe to the head sounds better than a quick fire of a gun. Also, they didn't call Hank, it was Gustavo or possibly "the fixer". Gustavo wanted them out of the picture because he knew how dangerous they were to his master plan. It's like you're not even watching the show.

But seriously, he wants to kill Hank but using a gun (which was evidently their plan all along) suddenly is too easy so he just casually walks over to his car and gets the axe out...in a crowded parking lot??? I was like, WTF did they do to my show! I was just commenting not three episodes earlier to my buddy that the show kicked so much ass because of the little things that made it believable, like the cop radioing for back up when he senses things aren't right at the house the two churros shacked up in. I loved the character development and the story was compelling enough without having to top every episode with a more outrageous cliff hanger every time...now I'm just wondering why Pinkman is such an idiot and nobody knows how to write for him.
                  Every "cliff hanger" has been earned in my opinion. One of the few shows that can pull this shit off on a consistent basis.

Comment

the new episode was fucking awesome. Anyone who has any doubts about The Walking Dead on AMC needs not worry. The shot of the legless dude coming after Walt was fucking great. As was the scene where Walt was trying to comfort Hank's wife

Comment

Comment

OK, what's the premise of this show? I've seen ads and accolades for it but never watched it.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

High school teacher becomes Meth dealer. With some of the best acting/writing on television at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
                            OK, what's the premise of this show? I've seen ads and accolades for it but never watched it.
                            High school chemist teacher is diagnosed with inoperable cancer, learns how much money meth can make through his DEA brother-in-law. That's all the set up you really need.

Comment

Goober, did you miss the whole issue of Pinkman getting pissed off at Walt about the meth and the money? Pinkman stating that he was going to go after Hank was his way to attacking Walt.

Rob explained everything else though. Your post made me wonder if you've actually been watching the show.

Comment

Yep. Oh Johnny. Come back and explain your errors! haha

Comment

Working...
                                X