Revisiting Old Favorites: The Danger of Ruining Your Memories Forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
    I'm really trying to rack my brain here on something I loved as a kid that I don't get any more enjoyment out of now .
    My answer: Power Rangers.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Fuck that shit, I could still watch those and goof on em. Plus the pink ranger was hot. haha. But I also didn't love that shit as a kid.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

'Logan's Run' is another one that I used to love. I love the concept, and parts of it still very cool, but:
        1. The pacing is way off. It could stand a mighty edit to speed things up.
        2. The models are poorly done. Seriously, the models that they use for the domed city are never, NEVER convincing in the slightest.
        3. Apparently future societies will live within a giant mall.

There's still much to enjoy, but it's still more of a cheesy guilty pleasure now.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Now every time I see a little snippet of Power Rangers I honestly want to crawl under a rock and die.

The shit that I WANT to revisit, though? Nicktoons, especially all that SNICK shit. I have a feeling that there was a lot of subversive, crass humor going on there that I kinda missed out on when I was a manling.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            'Logan's Run' is another one that I used to love. I love the concept, and parts of it still very cool, but:
            1. The pacing is way off. It could stand a mighty edit to speed things up.
            2. The models are poorly done. Seriously, the models that they use for the domed city are never, NEVER convincing in the slightest.
            3. Apparently future societies will live within a giant mall.

There's still much to enjoy, but it's still more of a cheesy guilty pleasure now.
            Go watch The Island and then you'll learn to love Logan's Run.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

HAHAHA. YES
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                Now every time I see a little snippet of Power Rangers I honestly want to crawl under a rock and die.

The shit that I WANT to revisit, though? Nicktoons, especially all that SNICK shit. I have a feeling that there was a lot of subversive, crass humor going on there that I kinda missed out on when I was a manling.
                This just raises questions of what you looked like when you were young.

Comment

Comment

Oh fuck! Photoshop that shit, rob.

Comment

I've seen 'The Island'. It's not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but it's also not the worst film ever created by mankind. For all of my issues with the film, I really CAN'T find any fault in the production design elements.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I'm surprised you guys liked Power Rangers. I never saw the appeal. And it was people my age oh so goddamn in love with that shit.

I still love Logan's Run. When we lived in Dallas I got to go to the water wall/stairs that were used in the movie and I thought it was the best thing ever. I actually really like The Island, except for the retarded Xbox branding. These people aren't consumers, why did you brand their walls!?

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                          I think other than "Oz", the only kid movie made for kids that I was into was the '77 "Star Wars", which, of course, is still great.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"Do you guys like Darth Vader? Well, here's the good news, you get to see him as a little kid!"

~

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              Look, I'm not that much of a nerd that I sit around analyzing its flaws. It's fine.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I wouldn't say that it was a kid movie, made for kids. At least not the 1977 original. Granted Lucas swiftly went in that direction.
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X