No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Prequels....a Revisiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And of course, we can't have a decent scene without a fart joke.

As for the blade colors, all about the crystals used.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And Jabba shows up. Good stuff. The sound design for the pods is pretty excellent.

Shut the fuck up Portman. I hate her in this. HATE.

I also love how Jake doesn't even look like he's flying anything. His face is pretty much expressionless.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        And of course, we can't have a decent scene without a fart joke.

As for the blade colors, all about the crystals used.
        Right, but in the game didn't they denote a different style of Jedi? More combat oriented vs diplomacy?
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh Warwick, how dare you laugh at Ani.

The animation on the pods is fucking great. The way they get destroyed is animated perfectly.

And there is Aurra Sing. I remember when Lucas said she'd show up in the sequels. Nope. Instead we got Zam.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
            Right, but in the game didn't they denote a different style of Jedi? More combat oriented vs diplomacy?

I don't actually remember. If Ari would come in this thread I'm sure he'd know.

Comment

"YIPPEE!"

Fucker.

Comment

Also, the racer who dies and goes "BLARRRGHHGHGH" should have his own spinoff.

God that announcer looks like shit.

Sebulba's pod is a fucking beast.

Comment

The kid is awful, but he didn't write that atrocious dialogue.

Comment

Oh I know, but he also can't sell it.

I'm not baggin on the actor, well a bit, but they just don't have the skills.

The sad thing is, I love the "Beginning" doc on the 2nd disc more than the actual movie. And I wish the other kid that was up for Anakin would have gotten the part. He could actually, you know, act.

Comment

Here's this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

And I remember seeing that other kid. He was good. It has always been about selling Lucas' dialogue. Imagine anyone but Ford making Solo's stuff work, especially in ep IV.

Comment

And Jabba fell asleep. What a douchebag.

"Hey Ani, by the way, you didn't know this but I bet that you would win so I can take you with me."

I'd be a bit pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post

And I remember seeing that other kid. He was good. It has always been about selling Lucas' dialogue. Imagine anyone but Ford making Solo's stuff work, especially in ep IV.

Exactly. Lucas is a good idea man, but a horrible writer. THX1138 excluded.

I really wish he'd just have hired fulltime directors/writers on the prequels.

Anyways, that's been discussed to death everywhere. Back to the suck.

"YIPPIE!"

Awws, he has to leave his mom. And so starts the path to Vader.

Comment

And now time for Maul to make his move. Dig this sandstorm battle. Too short though. Gotta love Qui's little hop to the landing platform. So weak.

Comment

"Space is cold"
                              *robot voice*
                              "You seem sad"
                              *endrobot voice.

Goddammit.

Kinda wierd how Portman really doesn't age throughout the prequels, but Jake turns into Hayden.

And onto Coruscent.

Also, I'm probably spelling things wrong, but I don't feel like looking up the proper spellings of these words.

And finally Palpatine. I love how we were supposed to not get that Sidious and Palps were the same person. This is why prequels hardly ever work. Noone gives a shit for the most part.

And ZOD should have had more screen time and been more bad ass.

Comment

Oh snap it's Panaka. And he's carrying his HAT!

God this story is fucking boring. Fuck the Queen and her "handmaiden".

Comment

Working...
                                X