PodCaust Episode 76: Gym Class Zeroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does that line sound so damning?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah. Kinda felt like someone gave me a flappy dog.

Defintion: reverse hand slap to the nuts while walking in a hallway in junior high/high school.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Because Kael is Podcaust Devin...and also the name of the badass knight who gets bested by Val Kilmer in that movie about midgets and beer.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
          Yeah. Kinda felt like someone gave me a flappy dog.

Defintion: reverse hand slap to the nuts while walking in a hallway in junior high/high school.
          Why would anyone ever do this?
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Dumbass kids. Who knows?
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Guillermo del Toro was right. School is basically prison in terms of the sick shit that's pulled.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
                I don't get the whole concept of growing up with it. It's like someone states that you peaked at the age of 9 and that determines your future artistic merit.
                I think when someone says that they like a film because they "grew up with it", it actually means that they continue to enjoy said film because it brings back happy nostalgic feelings from being a kid. I don't currently find The Neverending Story to be a particularly great bit of storytelling, but when I see it now, the music and characters put a smile on my face. If I showed that movie to a 30 year old who had never seen it before I'm sure I'd get a wildly different reaction.

All this is moot though concerning The Blues Brothers as that's a legitimately good film (yes, it is kinda long, but small complaint).
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Ok, but it still boils down to personal preference. I saw The Blues Brothers for the first time at 28 years old. I've seen many comedies. This one didn't do anything for me. I'm not saying it's bad, but that I didn't enjoy it. And that most people who do enjoy it (and who I have talked to, maybe not here on the boards though), saw it when it first came out and weren't spoiled by other comedies. But I still think Landis can shoot a fucking car chase.

But it also didn't help that I'm not big in to blues music either. Either way, enjoying a film for many reasons (including that you grew up with it and it reminds of your past) doesn't mean that you're a fucking mouth breather. Which is what Kael keeps harping on. It just means that I (me, not anyone else) was not a fan of it and I'd rather watch a million other films.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

At least I fucking tried. I could have just passed on it.

Comment

Well you didn't like Superbad either, so chances are you are a mouth breather.

Comment

Can't we just agree that if you hate Shaun of the Dead you should be shot on sight?

Comment

Only if we can agree that if you hate The Beatles you should be raped on site.

Comment

Superbad sucked. I still stand by that. A few scenes were funny, but the whole movie didn't nothing for me. I love Shaun/Hot Fuzz/Spaced/etc and yes I'm not a fan of The Beatles. But that doesn't' define who I am. It just that somethings that people hold in high regards don't do anything for me. But I'm also not saying that people that like those things are bad or whatever. It all boils down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

And Superbad just isn't that funny. Jonah Hill is grating as fuck and seems to be a one trick pony. Cera was good, but he plays the SAME FUCKING CHARACTER EVERYTIME. Here's hoping that Scott Pilgrim isn't Cera just dressed like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Superbad sucked. I still stand by that. A few scenes were funny, but the whole movie didn't nothing for me. I love Shaun/Hot Fuzz/Spaced/etc and yes I'm not a fan of The Beatles. But that doesn't' define who I am. It just that somethings that people hold in high regards don't do anything for me. But I'm also not saying that people that like those things are bad or whatever. It all boils down to PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

And Superbad just isn't that funny. Jonah Hill is grating as fuck and seems to be a one trick pony. Cera was good, but he plays the SAME FUCKING CHARACTER EVERYTIME. Here's hoping that Scott Pilgrim isn't Cera just dressed like him.
                              Cera is Cera in all his films. I don't get the love for him. AT ALL. Such a horrible cast.
                              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Notice I said "Hate", not "dislike", nor "not my thing". Totallly different.

But I can understand why you don't like Superbad. I found it to be funny but never had the desire to watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X