No announcement yet.

Y: The Last Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god, it's like the last couple issues are one punch to the nuts after another. The explanation for the plague was kind of weird but I like how they addressed it later in Paris- it really was the journey that was most important. I'll spoiler text the rest of this:

Spoiler: last few issues 
    I couldn't believe 355 was assassinated. Not just because I agreed with Dr. Mann that Y and 355 would be together but because she was so bad-ass that it was a total shit way to take her out. She deserved to have some sort of retirement.

The jump to the future was really cool and unexpected but, man, those flashbacks were killer. The one with Ampersand at 355's grave destroyed me. I am a big girl.

Oh, and it was pretty much a perfect final panel.

Comment

I finally said fuck it and dropped $100 on the missing 7 books for this. I am through Book 6, and about to start up and finish it. Such an amazing book.

Comment

ohhhh shiittttt

Last issue is the best last issue ever. The way he lays it all out there is like O____________O
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Have a hanky handy for the end of Book 10, Billy.

Comment

Pretty excellent all the way through to the last page. Definitely the most fulfilling and rewarding comic I've read in forever (fuck you HUSH!). That last book, damn it just takes everything out of you. If you're the tiniest bit emotionally invested in any of the characters then you're going to love/hate it.

Comment

Re-read the last few books again over the weekend and was still destroyed by the last scene with Ampersand. D:

Comment

I'm thinking of doing a critical reappreciation of Vertigo after my Pulgasari piece and Essential Blu-Ray list.

I've been re-reading Y, Fables, Sandman and other Vertigo titles a lot recently. I'm to the point where I have to say that Vertigo is the best comic imprint in American history.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I still need to read Fables. Lesley has the first TPB, but I haven't had a chance. That good eh?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Fables is on my list to read as well. I think for Christmas I am just asking tons of TPBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese OBGYN View Post
                      I still need to read Fables. Lesley has the first TPB, but I haven't had a chance. That good eh?

It hasn't ended yet, but it's solid as fuck. ABC was trying to turn it into a television series, but they picked LOST instead.

They went back to it again, but picked the V revamp.

Now, NBC and ABC Family are looking at turning it into a series.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

I'm surprised that with all of the Y love, no one here has checked out Ex Machina.

The ending to that book is great.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          I'm surprised that with all of the Y love, no one here has checked out Ex Machina.

The ending to that book is great.
                          Stopped at the third trade due to a lack of funds/increase in expenditures at the liquor store.

Tony and Brian are obviously a couple of incredible talents, so I have no doubt it is another fantastic read beyond the little taste I've sampled.

Way behind, but that's the next one on the docket.

You throw a "MOON" on the ending, and we'll have words.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

I ain't saying shit, but watching the machinations of the Mitch Hundred administration is amazing.

There was talk of the book getting optioned into a movie but it would work best as a tv show. If they ever did such a thing, I'd be curious as hell to hear what Mitch Hundred's "Machine Talking" voice would be.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Indeeeeeeeed
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

DMZ smokes Ex Machina.

Comment

Working...
                                X