• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Online

http://www.startrekonline.com

Accepting beta applications.

FYI
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Are all applicants immediately suited in a red shirt?
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Set phasers to lag.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Hmm, needs more Shatner thrusting.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
          Hmm, needs more Shatner thrusting.
          What DOESN'T need more of that?
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/08/ha...ine/#continued

As you maneuver through 3D space, you'll need to implement these tools cleverly to avoid annihilation. My ship, a Constitution class Starfleet vessel, was fitted with two weapons (a phaser and torpedo launcher) on both the front and rear. Each weapon had its own range and targeting arc -- these arcs overlapped on the sides of my ship, so if I could broadside an enemy, I could light him up in a spectacular fashion. However, I'd have to keep an eye on my side shields, frequently redirecting energy to them to avoid hull damage.

My ship was also fitted with three command seats in the bridge -- meaning I had three Ensigns to help me with my aeronautical endeavors. Their help came in the form of three special abilities which appeared in a hotbar at the bottom of the screen. These abilities have lengthy cooldowns, but usually packed quite a punch. One Ensign allowed me to instantly drain an enemy's shields, while another allowed me to fire off a quick volley of torpedos. When used in conjunction, the results were devastating.
            Oh snaps.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I signed up for the beta. Sounds neat-o.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Are the specs beefy?
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

They had this at PAX. It really looks like EVE Online. And you have a party with you, like KOTOR. Weird.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Please...let this be better than Champions Online. Please...

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                      Are Kahn's pecs beefy?
                      Fixed
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

http://hellforge.gameriot.com/blogs/...ers-To-Excited

• You can choose between Federation or the Klingon Empire to start with. Either side will let you have a customised character, possibly being a mercenary for the Empire's part.
                        • Takes place in the TNG timeline, 30 years after Star Trek: Nemesis.
                        • Different configurations of starships will be unlocked as you play, also every starship can be modified to give the user a unique look.
                        • The galaxy can be explored, new systems being generated for users. So one player may discover a completely new starsystem before anyone else, and it will last on the galactic map. These new planets and systems can be named by the discoverer
                        • Fleets are the game's version of Guilds
                        • Missions will feature both scripted and proceduraly generated content.
                        • There will also be dynamic events such as Borg invasions.
                        • Space battles are similar to Starfleet Command, where your weapons will have limited arcs and battles depend on which way your ship is facing. Different shield banks will degrade so you have to keep thinking about your positioning and which systems you allocate power towards.
                        • There will be PVP at launch.
                        neat.

Comment

Sounds cool

Comment

I can't wait for Planet Dicundbalz in the Taint galaxy.

Comment

I claim quadrant smegma.

Comment

Working...
                              X