2015 E3 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    The BDRcade's that are most fun for me are the interactive ones. Hell Sweaty Sax Slenderman came from one of those. That was hilarious. The ones where we sit and just watch are not that fun for me personally. I try not to be shitty about it but I'm also trying to support what you guys are doing.

Not trying to start an argument over it or anything, just sharing my perspective when nobody asked for it.
    And it's appreciated. That Slenderman one was fun. And when people are being interactive and not just shitty it's great. And it's awesome that you in particular share the videos and podcasts, and what not. That's the best thing.

The problem with streaming is either no one shows up at all (and trust me, we've streamed over 2 dozen times where NO ONE showed up) or when people do show up they just bitch about the game we're playing or make fun of Ceej constantly.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    And you're right. The interactivity at least makes the effort novel. Just assuming that everyone's going to watch to watch is like being the worst fucking cam girl online.

What's your angle? What makes it special. I stopped watching/trying to support what you were doing there...because it got fucking boring.

At least chatting with others and the interaction gave the effort something more than let's watch two hetero lifemates play Shining Force.
    What's not appreciated is that when we do stream you did nothing but slam Ceej, bitch about the game, or just generally act shitty. You basically ruined an entire episode we were trying (the call in) because of how shitty you acted towards Ceej.

So we decided to stop streaming all together for awhile because what's the fun in interacting with people that don't seem to be enjoying it? At least with the shit we're doing now, WE'RE having fun and in no way do I expect any of you to watch just to watch because it's us. If you like the game we're doing, then sweet. If not, then you have millions of other things you can do and no one is stopping you. My hope is that someone will find these entertaining because we have fun making them.

I want to say a big thanks to those of you that occasionally dig what we do with BDRcade. IT's greatly fucking appreciated. And maybe we'll stream again in the future.
    /rantover
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I find Giant Bomb refreshing for so many reasons. It's why like 80% of all my entertainment comes from their content these days. They were doing long form videos and quick looks that Youtube personalities ran off with a few years after GB started. Plus, they're all guys my age. Dan Ryckert and Austin Walker are the "young" ones and Dan is 31 I believe, and Austin is like 26. Everyone else is 34-40. These are guys that were around for all the SNES/Genesis lunch table arguments and realized after that "yo video games are just cool! Play em all!" All these people that "grew up" with the Nintendo 64 also grew up with the internet and screaming as loud as possible to shout down any argument, because yes, criticism is an attack not a discussion to these people. Even when GB is down about something you see on twitter or tumblr or the podcast or a quick look the guys going "Hey, video games! STILL FUN AND COOL!" whereas everyone else is trading on cynicism. Gamespot spearheaded by Danny O'Dwyer's work, and the fun that Merry Kish brings behind the scenes is really revitalizing them. I love Phil Kollar at Polygon, but they're far too interested in being a "pop culture" site now than a gaming site. Basically, yeah the shit Anderson says has teeth, but look at the people being awful fuck heads. It's the "kids." The people used to shouting down arguments on the internet since they were 6. The people that have been around and are our age? They're doing great work because we got rid of the cynical bullshit at the lunch table when we were 6, and that was 3 decades ago for us!

I know I can talk shit about games I don't care for, but I understand why people want them (Except that FFVII remake fuuuuuuuck that) and I am glad games exist. All of them! Games can and should be all things to all people. What they like doesn't stop mine from existing. And the big corporations having share holders to keep happy having to make BIG FRANCHISE SEQUEL doesn't stop some madness like Cuphead being made. Or hell, Sony with their "hearts and minds" campaign from making something like Horizon.

In summary. Shitty young kids are shitty young kids. Movies, comics, games, action figures, my little pony, or goddamn Sherlock. Fandoms everywhere are annoying and miserable. The problem now is the audience is on youtube, not the playground.
      Also, pretty much all of this.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        And it's appreciated. That Slenderman one was fun. And when people are being interactive and not just shitty it's great. And it's awesome that you in particular share the videos and podcasts, and what not. That's the best thing.

The problem with streaming is either no one shows up at all (and trust me, we've streamed over 2 dozen times where NO ONE showed up) or when people do show up they just bitch about the game we're playing or make fun of Ceej constantly.

What's not appreciated is that when we do stream you did nothing but slam Ceej, bitch about the game, or just generally act shitty. You basically ruined an entire episode we were trying (the call in) because of how shitty you acted towards Ceej.

So we decided to stop streaming all together for awhile because what's the fun in interacting with people that don't seem to be enjoying it? At least with the shit we're doing now, WE'RE having fun and in no way do I expect any of you to watch just to watch because it's us. If you like the game we're doing, then sweet. If not, then you have millions of other things you can do and no one is stopping you. My hope is that someone will find these entertaining because we have fun making them.

I want to say a big thanks to those of you that occasionally dig what we do with BDRcade. IT's greatly fucking appreciated. And maybe we'll stream again in the future.
        /rantover

I stopped because of that episode, specifically I felt that I was getting tag teamed. But, I don't care.

There is always going to be an excuse. Quit hiding behind Ceej.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• GOD YES. Stick of Truth was probably one of my fave games last gen. When I heard the announcement of another south park thing I was really hoping it wasn't just a next gen rerelease so I am thrilled for a new game

Edit - so my reply was for quite a while back..
          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I wonder if it's still going to be an RPG or if they will try a different genre since it's a different studio making it?

Comment

• I was wondering that too. With the change to a super hero game is it going to be more action based?

Comment

• Either way, I'm pumped since Parker and Stone are back on board. The Stick of Truth still has one of the best QTE's I've ever seen:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CdIUjk_Sypo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington

Sometimes you guys think we're being shitty when we're just messing around though, maybe the subtlety is lost in text. Also, the not showing up part FOR ME has to do with my job. I'm on call so I never know when I'll be off. I try Rerbert I TRY SO HOARD
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Phantom Pain playthrough demo.

Comment

• Still sold on MGS V. Nice to see the enemies can fuck with you back. Should be interesting.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• oh yeah, I cannot fucking wait for it.

Comment

• The last segment on the live Giant Bomb E3 stream was legendary. So hilarious and fucked up.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• I backed Shenmue on Kickstarter last night and already got a status updat email. They're on update 20 after only two weeks? Holy crap, I hope they chill out on the updates after the campaign ends. Maybe one every few weeks or so.

Comment

• hahaha. Kickstarter is awesome and terrible at the same time.

Comment

• Full Uncharted 4 sequence. Skip to 7 minutes to see the new stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sB0xy74Zrj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X