This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
    Finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Had fun going through it all stealth no kills. Shame it's not continuing anytime soon.

So, I wasn't going to bother with Metal Gear Survive, but I watched the Giant Bomb preview of it and it kinda made me curious to give the beta a try. Played a lot of it this weekend. Actually had some fun, wouldn't say it's a good game, I don't see myself getting it unless the reviews are fantastic. I can see myself maybe playing the game eventually if the review are decent. at least singleplayer wise. It's a shame the Fox engine isn't being put to use more.

How's Darksiders 2? I played the first one, it was decent, thinking of maybe playing the 2 next.
    Just started Deus Ex again. Not sure if I'm a fan or not yet. Same issue I had when I originally bought it. I just really HATE the voice actor for Jensen.

Survive looks ok I guess. Probably never going to play it unless given it free via PSN.

I really want to get back to trying the original Darksiders. I never really gave it a chance and would like to because I know it's awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Just started Deus Ex again. Not sure if I'm a fan or not yet. Same issue I had when I originally bought it. I just really HATE the voice actor for Jensen.

Survive looks ok I guess. Probably never going to play it unless given it free via PSN.

I really want to get back to trying the original Darksiders. I never really gave it a chance and would like to because I know it's awesome.
      Yeah, I can see why people might not like Deus Ex. I feel like it's probably a mediocre shooter, but as a stealth game it's pretty fun.

I kinda hope they get desperate and throw a Battle Royale mode in Survive. Not sure they even could, but a PUBG with the Fox engine would be interesting.

I know a lot of people loved the first Darksiders, I thought it was okay. I remember getting stuck and quit the game and then came back a year or 2 later to try again and actually looked up a guide on how to pass the area I was stuck in. The shit Billy said about 2 along with me barely liking the first game has me second guessing playing the 2nd game.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Darksiders was great if only because it was edgelord Zelda.

Man I have to thank you Russ and Billy for talking me into grabbing Battle Chasers. Having a blast with this game so far. It totally hits that nostalgia boner for RPGs.

Thinking about grabbing Monster Hunter tomorrow. Any of you guys grabbing it and if so what system? I'd love to at least get one game in with some of you.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm grabbing MonHunWorld on PS4 to play with a couple friends. Wanted to get it on XBOX but one of the guys I know getting it doesn't have one.

I need to go back to Battle Chasers. I have a feeling it's going to sit on my PS4 for a while then I will buy it again on Switch.

Darkest Dungeon on Switch is nice, but kind of a pain. It switches between touch and control pad schemes. And the text is TINY. Like, blow that shit up. Font size is free man. It doesn't control awful, it just feels odd in some ways. Still, it's a good game for the Switch.

The Iconoclasts is great. I am really loving it. I'm about 3 hours in, and I heard it's around 12 hours so I am good taking my time with it and just playing an hour a night or so. All the boss fights are SO GOOD.

Comment

• Picked up Frank's Big Package / Dead Rising 4 on PS4, currently 30% off and had code for an additional 10% on top

Even after a few hours I see where a lot of the complaints about the game and this new Frank come from, they did a pretty awful job recasting. Story is a joke, "frank let's go to Willamette" "no I don't ever want to go back!" "But there's a story.." "ok let me drive" and later "hey Frank the town is completely full of zombies, again, can you go back and do a story?" "No I don't ever want to go back!" "But the person that made you go back earlier is there.." "ok I'm driving"

But it is soo nice to be able to just go explore the mall and do whatever the fuck I want without 5 different clocks going off at all times. But the fact that 90% of the zombies are the same elf thing and that they now run and chase is kinda weak, zombies in the other games done better

Still, for almost half price a month after launch I'm gonna have a good time goofing around in this
            Last edited by Trejo; 01-25-2018, 09:54 AM.
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• DR4 is the best Dead Rising.

Comment

• Glad Garrison and the gang are treatin’ ya well Rob. That art style just fits that genre so well.

Always been curious about Monster Hunter. A pal of mine is a screaming die hard about it but I have never played any of them.

Picked up Nioh only for it to hit me in the taint for buying it.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• is Nioh that samurai Bloodborne game?

Comment

• Monster Hunter is pretty sweet. Took down a few giant beasts so far and trying out different weapons. Currently digging the katana and the crossbow gun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      is Nioh that samurai Bloodborne game?
                      The very same.

It is a hostile place, this demon-haunted Japan.

The combat mechanics are a bit of a bitch to get used to, as it's all based around finding windows of opportunity when your opponent's stamina has been depleted and their guard is weak.

It gets especially intense when there are multiple mobs trying to sword-bang your soulholes.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-26-2018, 02:26 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• easier or harder than Dark Souls 3?

Comment

• Way harder, IMO. The combat gets needlessly complicated with adding low/medium/high stances to all the weapons, a wierd ki system/negative energy fields you have to clear out mid combat and a really punishing stamina system. It follows the Bloodborne mechanic of limited healing items (as in, when you rest at a bonfire they are not replenished) but its way less generous with giving them out than BB. Less focus on single target combat and a lot more getting mobbed by tons of shit. Bosses feel way less balanced, tons of 1 or 2 hit kill stuff and spamming abilities.

The trade off is its all mission based and not just one big open game. So you can play it bite sized chunks. The problem is, the limited backtracking in Soulsborne stuff feels pretty organic due to how well designed the level layouts are. Here, you'll do 5 missions in a row that are all the same little level and you just start from different points each time and play through it backwards/fowards/sideways ad naseum.

I got halfway through the second continent and got really fed up with how cheap it feels. Souls challenges always felt more fair, like if I died it's cause I fucked up. This just feels bullshit half the time
                          Last edited by Trejo; 01-26-2018, 03:47 PM.
                          XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• yeah, pass then.

On the flippity flop, Monster Hunter World is the fucking shiiiiit. Cruising through missions at them moment. Just got the ghillie suit. yay.

Comment

• Ceej and I were just playing some Rec Room in VR. If yall have it add me BrainDeadRadio and we should try to get 4 of us. Could play VR charades hahah.

Comment

• That's cross play, right? I think I downloaded it on PS4 last time you mentioned it but never tried it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X