No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's still... pretty bad to be publicly fired by Steven Spielberg's #2 pal. But it is better for Lord and Miller in the long term that they didn't walk from Han Solo with three weeks of filming left as originally reported.

Doing the latter kinda butt-fucks your career. Mark Romanek can attest.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I don't know that Mark Romanek story. Can you elaborate? It's not on his Wiki.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Romanek developed The Wolf Man redo hand-in-hand with Benicio del Toro.

Everything was done (cast hired, crew assembled, sets built, etc.) Then a week before filming was supposed to start, he told Universal to go fuck themselves and walked. Leaving everyone, including del Toro with his own good name on the line as the key producer, standing there with their dicks in their hand.

Production started bleeding money without any film shot and expensive cast & crew standing around doing nothing waiting to be told what to do.

So Uni brought in Joe Johnston to do his best and stop the bleeding. Sure The Wolf Man flopped hard and it was a big fat write-off. But Johnston was rightfully seen as the good guy in the end and Romanek is basically like a child predator walking around a playground now.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• What was his reason for leaving? What set him off?
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Had a dickhead reputation going back to his music video heyday. So really, no telling. Anderson might know.

It's not why he walked (Every director on a major studio gig in a gun-for-hire position has had that idea run through their mind, I guarantee you). It's that he went through with it.

Now nobody (rightfully) will hire him due to fear he will pull the same stunt. You do something like that once and that's it. Any goodwill for being a professional is gone, forever.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• http://io9.gizmodo.com/do-we-really-...vie-1796724935

Going with a 150% chance of this since they don't want to do shit not attached to the OT.

Comment

• Now that's a movie I want to see. Ewan was the best part of the prequels. Would love to see him back.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I kinda agree with the article; I really wanted to see an Kenobi film with him encountering Maul one final time, but now that's done. I'm sure there's some kind of story to be told with him, maybe he has some serious hutt problems or something.

Hmm, maybe he falls in love with a Tusken Raider girl, and maybe she was a survivor of Anakin's Tusken slaughter so she can't bare to be with him, but also can't live without him. And there's this other Tusken dude that really likes her and hates Kenobi. Also, we get to see naked jawas for some reason.

Oh shit, I think I just came up with something brilliant here...
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yeah I see no interesting story between 3 and 4. He hid out on a desert planet and kept it low key. That's what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Now that's a movie I want to see. Ewan was the best part of the prequels. Would love to see him back.
                      Same. I'd be down for a Ewan Kenobi movie.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• A ton of new publicity photos. Snoke looks like Jeff Sessions hahaha.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• From the comments:

"Dammit, Snoke has a vagina neck, that's going to be hard to ignore."

I'm still snickering.

Great pics - those First Order Royal Guards (?) look pretty bitchin', what with the samurai-esque armor and stuff. Much like our own Ari, I'll have to pick their action figures up when I sees 'em.

Comment

• Oh my fucking god they're actually making an Obi Wan movizzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

• COULD BE GREAT IF IT'S EWAN AND IT'S A SMALL MOVIE!

for reals though, if they keep it small (no more fan service) and have an easy story like "black sun" or something finds out about Luke or Leia or whatever and want to sell that information to the highest bidder. Obi goes undercover or some shit and does what he can to make sure it doesn't happen.

I fucking love Ewan as Obi but I really want some new fucking characters. And characters that aren't just killed off because they're not in the OG series.

Comment

• I hope Kenobi falls in love with a Hutt. That'd be new.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X