Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    It's actually this guy:

IVAN!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Everyone of those points are almost word for word from the latest honest trailers.
      Not a knock on you, buddy, but Goddamn do I despise Honest Trailers and Screen Junkies as a whole.

Movie Fights, for example, was a cool concept that they managed to fuck up.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• None taken. I watch the Honest Trailers stuff because it makes me laugh. I don't watch any of their other input. I mostly like the stupid puns on names at the end haha,

I personally hate the movie sin shit.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• There's an amazing take-down on Movie Sins calling out their bullshit and using all of things Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes as an example.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER- A devil-possession movie by way of Pulp Fiction. It's creepy but thinks it's more clever than it actually is. The time jumping is confusing for the first half. After that it's obvious what is happening and what's going to happen so the cuts just get annoying.

Comment

• Guardians 2. I was hoping that my first time thoughts were due to a mood I was in, but unfortunately that is not the case. There is so much to love in this movie but it's too overstuffed. It needs at least 20-25 mins cut. Easily. Shit drags ass in the middle so goddamn bad. The soundtrack sucks still.

Comment

Guardians 2. I was hoping that my first time thoughts were due to a mood I was in, but unfortunately that is not the case. There is so much to love in this movie but it's too overstuffed. It needs at least 20-25 mins cut. Easily. Shit drags ass in the middle so goddamn bad. The soundtrack sucks still.
                You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. I get where you're coming from but disagree with pretty much all of it. Still lurve you though bru.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I prefer Vol. II to Guardians easily.

Best MCU villain evah (There, I said it!), the cast/humor were nicely balanced, Baby Groot wasn't overdone and felt like genuine character growth. One of the few MCU films that still sat with me after it ended. Because of... ya know.

"He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy!"
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER- A devil-possession movie by way of Pulp Fiction. It's creepy but thinks it's more clever than it actually is. The time jumping is confusing for the first half. After that it's obvious what is happening and what's going to happen so the cuts just get annoying.
                    We watched it like a month ago after seeing a bunch of good reviews. We were left wondering why it got so much praise.

Comment

Guardians 2. I was hoping that my first time thoughts were due to a mood I was in, but unfortunately that is not the case. There is so much to love in this movie but it's too overstuffed. It needs at least 20-25 mins cut. Easily. Shit drags ass in the middle so goddamn bad. The soundtrack sucks still.
                      It's bad and they wasted Kurt and that's a fucking sin.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        It's bad and they wasted Kurt and that's a fucking sin.
                        Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          We watched it like a month ago after seeing a bunch of good reviews. We were left wondering why it got so much praise.
                          I'm guessing because A24 got behind it and that Don Draper's daughter was pretty good? I was excited for a creepy movie in the vein of THE BABADOOK and it was just ehhhh.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Best MCU villain evah (There, I said it!),

Loki.

Comment

I haven't seen it again yet, but I think we had the same issues. A lot of the film works but it goes into TOO MUCH mode a few times, and the final climactic battle goes on and on forever. I was hoping that a second home viewing would remedy those issues but I'm guessing that I'll feel much like you did.

And yeah, the soundtrack is weaker. We went to Stillwater this past weekend and listened to both soundtracks on the way back. I ended up skipping through about 50% of the Vol 2 soundtrack out of disinterest.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• it's just so bloated and having all of them split up just didn't work for me. The best thing the movie did in my opinion was make Nebula less of an annoying character and turning her into someone I actually want to see more of.

Comment

Working...
                                X