BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His hair looks plastic too.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      The idea, even from the era Superman began, was short sighted. Was Krypton not a place of enlightenment and peace and love without famine or war? He shouldn't want to represent an "American Way" he should be representing a "better way" even when he was created.

Here's what you misunderstand. It wasn't a conscious decision to make it The American Way. It became the American Way, as Clark grew and stopped identifying himself as outside alien. He knows he's different, but he came here and it's his home.

If he landed in England, it would be the British Way and so on. Mentally, he's the human son of farm folk in America's Heartland. Physically, he's an alien Demi-God who might as well be Christ to the DCU.

The schism between these two selves is what drives the character and what causes a lot of teams to lose sight. At heart, Clark can't handle the fact that he is everything to everyone. It doesn't gel with his mental makeup, even though he could fart in the sun with pleasure.

Krypton had its troubles. They sacrificed personal and emotional growth for the greater good. Clark has to learn about this via crystalized recordings because it's about as relevant to him as The Pilgrims are to you.

Clark/Kal-El isn't here to make a better way. He's here to do what he can. He doesn't want to be a world savior, even though he is. He just wants to be where he's needed. It's that Utilitarian mindset that keeps him from turning into a despot like Zod.

If he didn't have it, he would stop being Clark Kent all together. He would just be Superman forever.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post

If he didn't have it, he would stop being Clark Kent all together. He would just be Superman forever.
        And infinitely more interesting.

Comment

He'd be a villain or Jesus.

Jesus only had so many storylines before they had to kill him off.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

1/10

You got me to reply.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Post of the day, 8/4/2011.

Also, that was a really nice rundown on Superman.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Krypton had its troubles. They sacrificed personal and emotional growth for the greater good. Clark has to learn about this via crystalized recordings because it's about as relevant to him as The Pilgrims are to you.
                Here's where you lost me as I don't think The Pilgrims are really all that revered.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

He'd be a villain or Jesus.

No more Superman? A world I would like living in.

Evil Superman? OK now he is infinitely more interesting.

Comment

Read Red Son. You'll get your police-state fantasy.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Evil Superman? OK now he is infinitely more interesting.
                      Rent 'Superman III'.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        Here's where you lost me as I don't think The Pilgrims are really all that revered.
                        Bo Pilgrim is a goddamn saint.

(Not really)
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
                          Bo Pilgrim is a goddamn saint.

(Not really)

That's the point. Supes wants to have a connection to Krypton, but it's fleeting at best. Both times Supergirl got reintroduced as the Kryptonian cousin, he views her more as an artifact than a person.

Comment

And I think we've come full circle as to why this reintroduction and Zod are not bad ideas.

Unlike that basketball-masked vigilante scum who shall not be named.

Plus, Bo was a campaign contributor to GWB (not George Washington Bridge) so fuck him.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
                              And I think we've come full circle as to why this reintroduction and Zod are not bad ideas.

Unlike that basketball-masked vigilante scum who shall not be named.

Plus, Bo was a campaign contributor to GWB (not George Washington Bridge) so fuck him.
                              They just should've stopped sampling and tried to work out something that works. I'm talking with a bit of outside knowledge, it's just that hodgepodge doesn't cut it. Stick to what works.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                                http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31679

Click on the pic to enlarge. Does nothing for me. Also, the costume looks armored?
                                Not the clearest picture, and the washed-out look of it doesn't help (ooohh, dark and edgy! Ooohhh). Don't really get why there's any texturing on the suit either, but whatever, not my money they're spending, have at it.

Still, to see Superman actually breaking something up is most welcome. Cavill does look pretty good as Superman, at least in this shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X