No announcement yet.

Cooking Tips and Tricks Megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it's a sous vide. My roommate and I have one. It's outstanding.

Comment

• Start your cooking while at work? Ever heard of a crock pot bro?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        We picked up the WiFi Anova Precision Cooker last night. Got it for 50 bucks cheaper than we should have thanks to Best Buy being silly. Looking forward to using it. Martin, you have one right?
        Yeah. The app controlling it is really cool.

Your main resource is Kenji, as usual. I started with steaks, pork chops and tenderloin, and chicken breasts. Shit gets real with the BBQ stuff, and the roasts. It's insane.

A 24-48 hours cooked whole roast beef, juicy pink from top to bottom? Dude, you look like a god at a dinner. People will worship your name.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Start your cooking while at work? Ever heard of a crock pot bro?
          Crock pot is garbage. It makes soupy stuff all the time. Pressure cooker is better. And sous vide is another thing entirely. You can cook something from the time it's at the temp you want until it would break down. A steak-sized piece of meat is between 45 minutes and 3 hours. I cooked a roast for 48 hours. A 12 or 18 hours minimum though. It was glorious.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            WiFi? The day I cook in something that needs an internet connection is the day I finally pull the trigger.
            You don't need Wifi. But you can adjust temp remotely. I barely use the wifi.

Comment

• Lastly, I got a plastic bath container. 16$.

Unlike a pot, it won't get really hot.

Comment

• Good to know. We just had our first pork tenderloin made with it. Holy shit. That was the best fucking loin I've ever made. You could cut it with a fork. Fucking awesome. Can't wait to try steaks next weekend.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Lastly, I got a plastic bath container. 16$.

Unlike a pot, it won't get really hot.

Was going to come recommend this too. Pot will get hot as fuck, and you definitely can't do any extended 10-24-48 hour cooking in it. We got a plastic food grade container from a kitchen supply store.

Comment

• yeah, totally going to grab one of those soon. I was legit amazed at how fucking juicy and tender that loin was. Using my phone to get shit done was totally awesome as well. I was able to watch Narcos and let my phone tell me when shit was done and ready with never having to give up. LOVE.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ramsay is awesome.

Comment

• Ahhhh, that's great! He had the perfect reaction.

Comment

• Hahahahahahaha, HOOOOOOLY FUCK SHANE!!!
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I never liked Ramsey before this.

Comment

Working...
                            X