Brain Dead Radio Episode 83: Proops, Poops, and Space Abortions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Dead Radio Episode 83: Proops, Poops, and Space Abortions

Rob and Ceej take a moment of silence for an actor they both enjoy and quickly discuss their favorite movies he starred in. Star Wars Fever has hit Rob all over again thanks to the announcement of the cast for the new film. The duo discuss what they want to see in the new movies before Ceej lays it all down on the line and explains just why Jedi are pro-choice. Rob then offends everyone, Ceej finally dabbles into the realm of having good taste by finally checking out the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad, and they discuss the upcoming convention and their ideas for poses with their idols.
    Pro Space Abortion
    33.33%
    Anti Space Abortion
    0.00%
    I just want pancakes
    66.67%
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

anyone have a chance to listen to this?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      anyone have a chance to listen to this?
      Probably tomorrow while I am stuck at my desk with spreadsheets.

Comment

I'll try again tonight.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

that bad that it takes multiple times to make it through?

Comment

Gonna listen while I get back to work here in a few. Will give thoughts, farts, prognostication afterward.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I've been watching old MST3Ks for the past couple of weeks and I've gotta say that preference for either relies mostly on the day.

Sometimes it's a Joel day sometimes it is a Mike type of day. I felt the later seasons lost the spark when Trace left the Forrester and Crow roles, as well as the lack of TV's Frank. That was the bigger for/against prompting for my selection than the Joel/Mike aspect.

And yes, the middle of season 5 was when they changed over, and it was a fantastic, mean-spirited sort of commentary during the Joe Don Baker film Mitchell. It was hilarious and ruthless. It's become a recent favorite.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

The Goonies were assholes in their own way.

I'd like to see a head to head fight between the shitty Attack the Block kids and the shitty Goonies kids.

The Stand By Me kids would win.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  I've been watching old MST3Ks for the past couple of weeks and I've gotta say that preference for either relies mostly on the day.

Sometimes it's a Joel day sometimes it is a Mike type of day. I felt the later seasons lost the spark when Trace left the Forrester and Crow roles, as well as the lack of TV's Frank. That was the bigger for/against prompting for my selection than the Joel/Mike aspect.

And yes, the middle of season 5 was when they changed over, and it was a fantastic, mean-spirited sort of commentary during the Joe Don Baker film Mitchell. It was hilarious and ruthless. It's become a recent favorite.
                  I was never HUGE into MST3K but enjoyed both guys. You and Ceej obviously know much more than me. Will need to check out that flick.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  The Goonies were assholes in their own way.

I'd like to see a head to head fight between the shitty Attack the Block kids and the shitty Goonies kids.

The Stand By Me kids would win.
                  The Goonies were assholes but they weren't shit heads. AtB kids were shitheads.

Stand by Me wins all of the kids movies.

Comment

I was a huge MST3K guy back around the time of the changeover, but then the movie came and went and I latched onto other interests.

Still, it is the root of the reason I shit talk during movies that are bad.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I do have the movie to watch wtih Lesley as she's never seen it.

If you had to recommend a few good episodes of MST3K what would they be? Really looking for a few good choices to try to get Lesley in to it.

Comment

The movie is pretty good as an introduction.

I'd check out this site and look at the votes of fellow citizens to guide the selection process.

Favorites that are in the 200+ are usually a solid bet.

Mitchell is just so wonderful because the movie is such a shitty shitpile and Joe Don Baker just gives less than a solitary fuck about anything and it becomes sort of endearing by the end.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-05-2014, 02:22 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

sweet, thank for that link man.

Comment

Yer welcome.

I love the internet sometimes.

Can't wait to hear about the Feldman meeting.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Greatest outro choice ever.

Fun ep. It flew by. No Proops or podraces for me. But then I think the prequels were an abomination with no redeeming qualities beyond employing talented people to do the bidding of a dork without any self-awareness. The concept art from those movies is almost worth Jake Lloyd and the horrors of "acting" bestowed upon untold millions of people.

Sound was a little odd compared to previous installments but that may be due to the trackless format.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-05-2014, 02:38 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                              X