Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And??? AND???!!!!!
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Huddam actually being OK is one of the few good things I can say.

Talking to a buddy this morning. He did a set visit on Fantastic Beasts and said the Camelot and village sets were still in standing. This was last year and the original round of filming was completed over two years ago.

And the female lead was kinda my indicator of the heavy reshoots based on how she was originally announced as Guinevere. In the final film, she's The Mage. And I kinda loved how Jude Law turns into a Street Fighter boss/giant anime villain in the third act.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Is it watchable in a 'you won't believe this shit' kinda way, or is it a complete write-off?
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The latter.

I mean the amount of Guy Ritchie-style montages is insane. I seriously wanted to scream.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Got it. So, all of those reshoots to try and salvage the movie essentially accomplished the following:

Comment

• Kinda amazed me how Guy Ritchie beat out quite a few other filmmakers to get the King Arthur gig at Warner Brothers, especially considering the mythology is in the public domain.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Like I told Jamie earlier this week, it's gonna be a cult hit on Video.

But, it's going to die hard at the box office.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I also forgot Jude Law talks to Ursula from The Little Mermaid.
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                    I also forgot Jude Law talks to Ursula from The Little Mermaid.

That's about the best way to describe it.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It comes out on my birthday, so I think I am going to get someone else to drive and see it at Alamo and get hammered on margaritas and see Arthur.

Comment

• In that case, go for it!

It's what Bro Arthur would have wanted!
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• SPLIT- Yes. I thought it drifted a little in the middle but once the visit to the subway happens it goes crazy. If that last scene hadn't been spoiled I would have yelled "FUCK YEAH". How did I avoid it for so long? You'd think that would've been the headline on every click-hungry movie site for weeks.

And it was driving me nuts the whole time where I've seen the lead girl before. I had to google it after. I admit this is creepy but choosing to live deliciously certainly did her some favors.
                          Last edited by gravedigger; 04-29-2017, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Grabbed all of the Resident Evil movies on blu for 15 bucks. Currently going through a rewatch.

Resident Evil - Terrible. The last shot is amazing for a movie we'd never actually get, but they got so much wrong right off the bat that it's amazing to think we got so many sequels.

Resident Evil Apocalypse: Better but still not great. Nemesis is still awesome, Zach Ward's Russian accent is still terrible, and Jill Valentine's outfit is still ridiculous in a movie. Mike Epps is terrible.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Best Marvel series. I mean, remove the Marvel pedigree, and they're bothj awesome movies.Even better than Cap.

Michael Rooker stole that one. Yondu shines.

And impressive acting overall. Drax was Drax, And newcomer Mantis was great as well.
                              Last edited by Martin; 05-07-2017, 04:49 AM.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Liked GOTG2, didn't love it. It got too special effecty in the third act and went on and on and on. It had a fantastic 'ending', though. Very heartfelt.

And yes, Yondu/Rooker walks away with this movie. No question.

Still too much yelling from Rocket/Cooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X