Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly don't know if I've ever watch PiP all the way through. It just never did anything for me so I never cared to try and watch.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
      I honestly don't know if I've ever watch PiP all the way through. It just never did anything for me so I never cared to try and watch.
      Same. Even in 1986 eyes, I can't imagine how Duckie wasn't gay.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Same. Even in 1986 eyes, I can't imagine how Duckie wasn't gay.
        I think the original ending had him as such? Andrew McCarthy said something about that on Bret Easton Ellis' podcast.

I've never seen it not will I at this point. It always looked annoying.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The original ending was him and Molly Ringwald ending up together.

It was starting to dawn on everyone on set how effeminate Cryer was playing the role and how wrong it was for them to hook up. Had it been Robert Downey Jr. (who Ringwald championed for)... or Hell any of the other candidates like Anthony Michael Hall or Michael J. Fox, they would have stuck with that ending.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            The original ending was him and Molly Ringwald ending up together.

It was starting to dawn on everyone on set how effeminate Cryer was playing the role and how wrong it was for them to hook up. Had it been Robert Downey Jr. (who Ringwald championed for)... or Hell any of the other candidates like Anthony Michael Hall or Michael J. Fox, they would have stuck with that ending.
            Ah ha. I was close-ish. Sorta

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• KINGSMAN 2

Liked it. It's a tad overlong but it's a lot of fun. In truth, I think I liked it more than the first one, but I'll probably be in the minority on that sentiment.

Elton John kills it in here, by the way.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                KINGSMAN 2

Liked it. It's a tad overlong but it's a lot of fun. In truth, I think I liked it more than the first one, but I'll probably be in the minority on that sentiment.

Elton John saved the movie.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• HIGHLANDER 2.

I admit to never seeing this until last night, though I have seen The Final Dimension at least ten times in my life.

Things to enjoy:

- Lambert's hilarious old man voice
                  - Casual street sex with a stranger who just transformed from Grandpa Simpson into a swarthy European man
                  - Connery's laissez-faire attitude to everything, including his death in the fizzy lifting drink room
                  - Michael Ironside's scene where he crash lands on earth and proceeds to break physics in order to kill an entire train full of people "for the lols"
                  - The Bonnie and Clyde scene with Lambert and Connery
                  - John C. McGinley's none too subtle lust for Michael Ironside's "sword"
                  - Production design of "Shitty Earth 2020" was actually kinda cool in a low rent sort of way

Issues to have:

- The convoluted reasoning for anything that occurs in the film
                  - The lack of tension in any scene
                  - The Wendy's product placement
                  - Michael Ironside's joke writing staff
                  - The immensely underwhelming resolution to Lambert and Ironside's conflict (good lord)

Tonight, I will be making it #11 in the viewing of The Final Dimension. Help me.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Which version?
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• The 2004 redux edition, so not the Renegade cut.

Forgot to mention that seeing Connery deposed a giant fan with the power of "Amazing Grace" was a vision to behold.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• ODD THOMAS- Every time I see an Anton Yelchin movie I realize it REALLY sucks that he's gone. Even in a goofy movie with stilted dialogue, he's great. This movie was pretty hokey but a lot of fun. I could've seen it being a franchise if it had made any money.

Comment

• I really dug that movie.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            KINGSMAN 2

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            Elton John saved the movie.
                            I... despised it. The more I think about it, the more it cements as the worst major release I've seen this year.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Baby Driver.

Lots of exciting editing and action syncopated to a pretty wonderful collection of music. Minimal dialogue, but what is there hits more than misses, especially with Kev Spacey (as one would expect. Though I thought the "Don't quote Monsters Inc. at me!" line kinda fell flat.). The romance between Baby and Deb was charming and felt genuine for how brief the were in scenes with one another and each heist crew felt different and interesting in both dynamics and served to move the story along. Felt like a fresh way of handling plot progression through the character dynamic/soundtrack choices.

Really enjoyable, but rather light compared to Wright's Brit-based efforts.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-24-2017, 01:26 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• People I know were so weirdly offended that I wasn't head over heels about Baby Driver. Wright is probably my favorite director, and I have some lofty expectations. The opening 30 minutes felt too much like a musical for me, which made me cool on it for the first third. After that I was way more into it. To my friends I saw this with apparently it makes me a fool and idiot to say it's the weakest Wright but still a VERY strong 3/5 and I just was really turned off by the opening dance sequence after the Subaru chase.

Comment

Working...
                                X