Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to have an 8-track of his music as a kid and, yes, I would sing along to it.

I still know most of the words to "Rhinestone Cowboy".
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I'm a big Glen Campbell fan. Saw one of his last shows before the end. You could tell he was just miserable.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• RIP Sonny.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm actually kinda surprised he made it as far as he did with how hard he lived.

Best of the Best 2 wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable were it not for Sonny.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            I'm actually kinda surprised he made it as far as he did with how hard he lived.

Best of the Best 2 wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable were it not for Sonny.
            MY MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=salo62CmuxU
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Fucking A that's great
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm truly bummed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Jerry Lewis, 91. Happened this morning.

Expect this year's MDA Telethon to be a big 'ol tribute to Jerry. Also, maybe we're that much closer to a legit release of The Day The Clown Cried.

Comment

• I don't think the MDA Telethon is around anymore?

And it's... weird because we briefly touched on The Day the Clown Cried on the Anderson Tapes record yesterday.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Points for Jamie; I forgot they DID cancel the telethons awhile back.

Comment

• Even worse Lewis got muscled out of his own telethon. Those dicks wouldn't even let Lewis do his last song live. Afraid to give him a hot mic and demanded he do it pre-recorded and he rightfully told them to go fuck themselves.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Tobe Hooper dead. RIP.

Comment

• As a horror-crazed teenager devouring everything I could find at the video stores I frequented, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was a legend all to its own. One of those "YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!" films from the managers/clerks I befriended. And like Craven's The Last House on the Left upon finally seeing it... I went, "Um, that's it?"

A film that influenced so many and built up such a reputation, it couldn't live up to the standards played up in my own head (the less said about all the sequels/prequels/redos, the better - they're all garbage). But over the years I went back to it. The film itself didn't have the problem - the teenage me did.

In fact, just a few months ago, I re-watched it by my lonesome in an empty room (my lovely love wife, who is a film fanatic, refuses to watch any horror films at night). It's still terrifying in its simplicity. One of those unique films where the horror is in how it felt like a film crew was documenting the actions before our very eyes, just like Night of the Living Dead, The Exorcist and Threads. Especially fascinating that for a film with such a standard for gore, there is in fact little-to-no blood. Just the sheer terror in how its done.

Can not stress enough to young film-fans today what an impact it made on the landscape in the 70's. Hooper single-handily dined off that film for the remainder of his career, and rightfully so. He never did anything else worthwhile for me personally, save for maybe Salem's Lot. And I truly believe the flood-gates are going to open on Poltergeist now from many who remained silent. But when your single moment of cinematic glory is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, you've earned that spot in film history. RIP.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Hugh Hefner, 91
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I honestly didn't know he was still alive. There has been a whole one good joke about it on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X