No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That trailer is pretty high up its own ass. Shoulda been in Smell-O-Vision.

Spielberg is my favorite filmmaker, I love that guy and I will be eternally there on opening day. And yeah... The Post will be a good movie. But that trailer... oooof with the pretentiousness. Then again, Bridge of Spies had a very disjointed trailer and the film was great (one of the best latter-era Spielberg films even).
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Three Billboards has one of the greatest performances by an Actress since I've been alive. Yet, I'm still having major problems with the ending.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Supposed to expand this weekend to several hundred screens. Knock on wood, we see it this weekend.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Supposed to expand this weekend to several hundred screens. Knock on wood, we see it this weekend.
          New Orleans is getting it. I had to do one of those stupid screening room multiple login deals. All it did was convinced me that 4 gigs of RAM isn't enough anymore.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I meant Baton Rouge. State capital will get stuff before NOLA usually. Thinking that or Lady Bird will drop there. Game for either but prefer Three Billboards. Still have that Killing of a Sacred Deer screener to watch and we're supposed to be getting... I Love You, Daddy.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              Three Billboards has one of the greatest performances by an Actress since I've been alive. Yet, I'm still having major problems with the ending.
              Is the ending so bad that it kills the film? I'm curious because I've been looking forward to this one hard core.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                Is the ending so bad that it kills the film? I'm curious because I've been looking forward to this one hard core.
                It doesn't quite gel.

That being said, Killing of a Sacred Deer and Lady Bird are amazing. I despise Greta Gerwig's work, but she's an incredible director.

Comment

• Ahhh, ok, well I will still check it out as it seems to hit a lot of my sweet spots from the ads.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4_geUW08phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• this better not have a stupid fucking scene like the Glenn Howerton scene from the first one. Completely ruined the fucking movie for me.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm way too excited for this.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/coOKvrsmQiI" allowfullscreen="" height="315" frameborder="0" width="560"></iframe>
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• word is apparently good on it.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            word is apparently good on it.
                            How could it not be? It's a giant monkey, wolf, and lizard attacking shit. That's Oscar caliber material right there.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4_geUW08phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                              Hell yeah. Except I feel like it got filmed 4 years ago and left on a shelf.

How did it take that long for someone to use that song? So good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I'm way too excited for this.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/coOKvrsmQiI" allowfullscreen="" height="315" frameborder="0" width="560"></iframe>
                                Jen is going to DEMAND we see this opening night, 'cause George, the giant albino gorilla, is very much in her wheelhouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X