Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Apron sent me a fucking meatloaf and fuck meatloaf it's so goddamn disgusting. Probably making bacon and eggs for dinner tonight.

Comment

• Lesley makes the best baked Mac and cheese. So goooood last night.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Blue Apron sent me a fucking meatloaf and fuck meatloaf it's so goddamn disgusting. Probably making bacon and eggs for dinner tonight.
        You're disgusting! If my mom can get Nathan, the pickiest eater on the planet, to like meatloaf, perhaps you haven't had the right recipe. Or you're a communist.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Communist, absolutely. Everyone says "you haven't had the right one!" I've tried it four times now (I took a couple bites of this one before making eggs) and every time it is just foul.

Comment

• Because it is. You put ketchup on things that are gross in an attempt to make them more palatable. Meatloaf is served preloaded with ketchup. That should be a big hint.

Comment

• Not to mention just the...concept. A loaf. Of meat. It sounds fucking disgusting, and it is. Why waste that ground beef on such a gross thing when you could make a burger?

Comment

• Good meatloaf is awesome. My smoked meatloaf with chipotle sauce is amazing.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I got a recipe for a similar meal I want to try next summer.

The meatloaf mom made as a kid had some breadcrumbs and egg in it, along with finely ground onion. No sauces or toppings other than whatever condiments you put on it at the table. It was basically just a big slab of baked burger. Perfect vehicle for ketchup or A 1. I have never really enjoyed the ones with the gross ass, overly sweet ketchup based sauces or chunks of . . . things in them. I've seen people put all KINDS of weird shit in them; big hunks of onion, chopped hard boiled eggs, fucking RAISINS. . . Fucking PASS. But a simple symphony of meat? Yes, please.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Topping with bacon, however, is acceptable.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Had a miso butter chicken dish from Apron last night. Not bad.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Just roasted a chicken with lemon and garlic. Not bad, but I could have gone heavier on the garlic and been fine. Ah, well, next time.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Slow cooker pork tenderloin finished under the broiler with a balsamic glaze. Holy balls was it good! Definitely a keeper!

Comment

• I just marinated some pork tenderloin in pesto. Let's see how it goes.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Creamy ham and potato soup. Fucking delish.

Comment

• Pork fried rice. Very yummy, but labor intensive

Comment

Working...
                                X