No announcement yet.

TPBs and Omnibuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now, after all these years of leaving Jesse's story unfinished, I've finally gotten to the "Alamo" trade.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• So that's how it ends?

Figured as much, and Saint of Killers getting to finally take a nap for once was good.

I don't know how I feel about Cassidy getting a second chance (though it was heavily hinged on as this is Ennis' portrait of AMURKA, so of course, everyone who ain't so bad gets one). Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up.

Started reading Deadpool MAX on the side. It is the Zebras in America of Deadpool comics.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Finished Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite.

Blown away.

Filled to the gills with ideas and original characters and it just leaves you in that wonderful mode of entertainment and immersion that as you finish it, all you want to do is go back and read it again.

MCR Dude can write. I take back most of the negative things I ever said about him and his Morbius-looking self.*

*I meant that as a compliment.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            Started reading Deadpool MAX on the side. It is the Zebras in America of Deadpool comics.

FUCKING SOLD
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Picked up Blacksad and Locke and Key 4 at Borders today. saved a few bucks.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Holy shit to the first chapter of Locke and Key 4. Some awesome stuff going on.

Comment

• Finished Umbrella Academy: Dallas.

I can't really even describe how much I enjoyed it, it just felt so fresh and new. I love the six-issue format. It is jammed to the brim with ideas and characters and answers a few lingering questions before opening up a new can of worms for the next installment.

The wait for series 3 will be a good sort of torture.

Also picked up the Gabe & Fabio's Daytripper. I'm going to take my time with it. The end to each of the stories so far has just been a gutpunch, so I'll arrive at the end without being an emotional wreck (probably not, but for such a reason I am keeping it at arms length).
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                    Holy shit to the first chapter of Locke and Key 4. Some awesome stuff going on.
                    Picked up Lock & Key 1 at Borders, only to get a hard cover for free a day later. Oh well.

Anyways, I haven't started reading it yet. I'm guessing it's not too shabby then?
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• It's fucking amazing. Russ is great for suggesting it to me.

Comment

• Nice! Glad I picked it up!
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yeah, it's a fucking great Lovecraftian horror story. It just keeps getting better.

Comment

• I picked up "Maus" at the Borders closing sale. It's better than SCHINDLER'S LIST. I find parts of it unbelievable because of how lucky Vladek was but it really is an impressive story of perseverance and the will to live. And as depressing as the subject matter is, I think the biggest gutpunch is the very last panel.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              I picked up "Maus" at the Borders closing sale. It's better than SCHINDLER'S LIST. I find parts of it unbelievable because of how lucky Vladek was but it really is an impressive story of perseverance and the will to live. And as depressing as the subject matter is, I think the biggest gutpunch is the very last panel.

I met Art Spiegelman at a writing thing in College. He's a good guy, just very beaten down.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I need to buy Maus. I had a copy but lost it in the Toronto split.

Comment

Working...
                                X