Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Action Figure Cardbacks from the 80's

Neat.

I forgot all about those Secret Wars toys. That Doc Ock was my favorite figure back in the day and I remember having an epic tantrum when my brother broke his tentacles.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I'm actually re-creating the Super Powers card back by displaying the figures from the current DC line in the same order that they appeared on the card back. Almost every figure has been redone, with only about 5 left for Mattel to make.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I have that Magneto somewhere...I had the Mumm-Ra, may still have it somewhere...Stay Puft is somewhere in storage I believe...Had all the Captain Powers once they went on sale at Pic N Save...Fuck had that party version of Beetlejuice...

My mom is great at taking cool shit and storing it...not sure why most of the crap I had was missing EVERYTHING. I'm sure if I had the time, I would find all of this shit in her storage.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I have all the Swamp Things and 3 out of 4 of the villains.

As for Capt Power, I have all the figures & vehicles listed except for the black ship.

I'd kill someone to get my hands on that Klinger figure.

Comment

The Klinger figure is great.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Wow, what a blast from the past. I remember my Winston Zeddemore figure came with a busted proton pack and I was totally bummed.

Those Super Powers figures were great. They had real cloth capes!

Comment

I remember having those Thundercats mini figures as a kid, but what the hell is that belt carrying case?

Aside from the whole idea being suspect, can you imagine how much of an asshole you'd have looked like wearing that thing? It doesn't even look like it works. All the toys are just rested up against it for the photo. Did you have to jam those toys in between the rigid plastic belt and your body to carry them around? How long before you feel the sudden, blinding pain of Lion-O's unforgiving Claw-Shield stabbing at your gut? Or you lose a kidney to one of the Cat/Bird/Walrus characters that's covered in spikes and claws?

Also, the Ninja Turtles cardbacks are so rad.

Comment

You think the Thudercats transpo belt was bad, you should have seen the Silverhawks transpo jock strap.

Comment

Working...
                X