Hey Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys

I'm usually not a big "drama" guy on the boards and even when giving shit I'm usually laughing my ass off doing it but I thought I'd let you all know that I'll be scarce as far as posting for a few weeks.

I went to pick my mom up for the boys T-ball game yesterday and couldn't get her to answer the door at first, and once she did answer the door I couldn't get her to open it. Eventually, after talking through the wall I began to feel something was wrong so I called 911 and got EMS on the way with the Sheriffs Dept. EMS got there first and said that I might as well bust the door down because the Sheriffs were going to do it any way. Well I kicked the door in and it exploded into shreds so I'm guessing I was more worried than I remember but we got in and found mom.

Mom was on the stairwell with her head jammed to the wall and long story short she had a pretty bad aneurysm. Mom had surgery last night and will be in the hospital for a few weeks. I'll have to be around as much as possible mostly because dad is still in Iraq and I'm next of kin and have to make decisions.

I'll read the boards when possible and I hope you guys know I'll miss the fun here for a bit but I've got to take care of mom and work as well. You guys are good peeps and if you weren't I wouldn't have even bothered to post all of this. I know this is a debbie downer if there ever was one but I didn't want to "disappear" and not give you guys the story. I'm going back to the hospital after a shower and short nap now so I'll see you guys later and I'll post if/when I can. The hospital does have a couple of PC's with internet available but there's usually like 40 people in the waiting room wanting to use them too. Have fun guys, it makes me feel good knowing this place will be here when I get back to it no matter what happens.

Josh.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Ugh, sorry to hear, Josh. Best of luck to your family and especially your mother, and keep us posted. Good vibes coming your way.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

You take your time, and do what needs doing. We're not going anywhere.

Keep the faith...

Comment

Both you and your Mum will be in my prayers, Josh. I'm very sorry to hear it, but you sound like you're handling it as well as anyone could.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Warm thoughts heading your way Josh. Wish I were there to give a hand.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Hope your mom gets better ASAP, Josh! Thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, and your family!

Comment

That fucking sucks man. Hope all turns out well. The exact same thing happened last night with another friend of mine as well, but with her grandmother.

On a lighter note, did someone record you booting open a door, and once you sat down to clear your head did you hope you looked really fucking cool doing it? :P

Comment

Sending out some good thoughts for you and yours man.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hope she gets well real soon B.

Take care of yourself sir.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

You'll be back, Josh. And until you do, my best to you and yours.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      That fucking sucks man. Hope all turns out well. The exact same thing happened last night with another friend of mine as well, but with her grandmother.

On a lighter note, did someone record you booting open a door, and once you sat down to clear your head did you hope you looked really fucking cool doing it? :P
                      Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. I actually wish someone had recorded me kicking that door, not for coolness factor but because it's such a blur I don't even recall how much damage I did. I know the thing flew open with a shit ton of quickness and wood flew everywhere. Haven't been back to mom's as I'm spending as much time at the hospital as I can. I'm home now to kind of talk to my boys and get some sleep for the week ahead as a lot is going to be happening.

I've been working non-stop with red cross to get my dad back from Iraq and it's been hell because he just left the states last week and they don't take these kind of return trips lightly. I had to coordinate with the hospital and red cross to get them verification that my mom was in fact in the hospital. Red cross was a bit dickish because they couldn't verify my mom was at the hospital. Well between HIPA and the fact that life flight patients are listed under code names to keep the media from finding them they couldn't find out anything. Luckily I found a Phys. Assistant willing to get on the phone and straighten all of that out.

Mom is responding to questions with yes or no headshakes and is attempting to verbalize some things here and there but it's very early and if you want to do some research, look up vasospasms and you'll see why we are basically all holding our collective breath at this point.

Thanks for the kind words guys. We're in for the long haul.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

So your dad is in Iraq with Red Cross?

Comment

Josh, I'm so sorry to hear about this! You take your time and get her well, and we'll be here when you need us. I hope she's going to be okay, and I hope your dad is able to get home soon.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Man, don't worry about posting here, focus on your family. We will all be here when you are in a position to post. Unless posting is helping you cope, then by all means continue.
                            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              So your dad is in Iraq with Red Cross?
                              No, he's working with KBR and the army but he JUST went back to Iraq and to get them home on an emergency flight takes Red Cross involvement when they've just flown back to Iraq. Not sure why but it does.
                              Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Man, don't worry about posting here, focus on your family. We will all be here when you are in a position to post. Unless posting is helping you cope, then by all means continue.
                              It helps to get this stuff out of my system but it'll be minimal during the next few weeks. Thanks again all for the kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X