Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PotC: Dead Men Tell No Tales
    ever
    With almost zero Bloom and Knightly screen time this movie worked much better over all than the last 3. Bardem was great as Salazar and everytime his crew and himself were on screen it was great. Depp was morphing more and more into a cartoon of Sparrow. Had some pretty decent action scenes as well. Still not as a good as the first but I dug the ending with Barbosa.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We started re-watching the Bond films from the beginning.

DR. NO: apart from being a tad low budget and slow, this is really solid. It helps that a lot of the solid Bond tropes are there from day one, and it also helps that Connery is pretty dialed in on the character right away. It's not a great Bond film but it's a good introduction. A tighter edit with a few more action scenes would have helped.

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE: The first true 'Bond' film. It's nearly perfect with a really strong plot, solid pacing, great acting from a strong supporting cast, and some really effective action sequences (especially the train fight). It's definitely one of the best of the series.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• You really have to watch Dr. No with the head-space of those who first saw it and how mind-blowing it was. For '62.

Many today would see this and comment on how slowly its paced, the almost outlandish overuse of the 007 theme (including Bond walking into his hotel room and undoing his tie) and how "piloty" it feels.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          (including Bond walking into his hotel room and undoing his tie)
          That was in FRWL when he's checking out his room in Istanbul. Seriously, he's walking around the room checking for bugs while the Bond theme is blaring at top volume...we were laughing at this last night, and I was singing the theme last night as I was undressing for bed (much to my wife's amusement). I think that this might become a standing joke for us going forward.

Here's the scene (go to the 4:26 timestamp and play). It's pretty funny.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rJzwS3yznM
          Last edited by Matt; 01-08-2018, 10:52 AM.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• THE SHAPE OF WATER- Its beautiful. Del Toro's best with great work by everyone in the cast. But does he think eggs are the most sensual of all foods? I know Billy had a similar comment on Twitter but it's a valid question.

Comment

• SERIOUSLY. GDT totally has a Spanish model feeding him hard boiled eggs in bed.

Comment

• I want to see this but most GDT films do absolutely nothing for me besides having good ideas.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm in the same boat, Rob.

Comment

• Like, I get he's an artist and whatnot, but his movies always go in one ear and out the other and I never have any inclination to rewatch them ever. Except Blade 2 and on occasion Pacific Rim (just to see if I'll finally get why people like it, and it never happens).

Comment

• PACIFIC RIM is beautiful looking, that's it. Wanna show off your home theater? Here you go.

Comment

• yeah, that's about all I get out of the movie as well. It's pretty but holy shit is it bad and boring.

Comment

• The Meme Artist starring James Franco as Mememan.

Franco nails the inflections as Wiseau but it becomes a fan film halfway through that loses the actual fact that Tommy is a bizarre controlling psycho and becomes a sympathetic fool without the necessary growth of character to make it believable.

This film needed a better straight man in Sistero to counter the weirdness of Franco's performance.

As is, Little Franco gets devoured by Bigger Franco in every scene they're in, weakening their conflict as a result.

It is still kinda funny but has the usual air of being a half-assed effort, something that has become the hallmark of the Apatow tribe's output.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE POLKA KING- he's playing what appears to be true to the character, but if you don't like "funny accent Jack Black", this is not the movie for you. that said, I really liked it. It was pretty funny and shows how ponzi schemes can ramp up pretty fast. Don't get sucked in to a Ponzi scheme, you guys. If it sounds too good to be true, it is (Bitcoin).

Comment

• THE POST

Very good, well acted drama that lacks a certain oomph to it to bring it to 'essential' status. It's not in the same league as ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN or probably even SPOTLIGHT. The main thing that this has going for it is perfect timing, both in terms of the political commentary (the obvious point) and the 'me too' commentary (a secondary point that probably wasn't as topical when filming began). It's very well acted from everyone and the story is solid, but it's not 'best picture' material in my opinion.

Comment

• THE LOBSTER- Really weird and pretty great. I didn't like the very end but it doesn't ruin everything that came before it. It was an interesting look at how we let relationships define us and what we'll do in order to be in a relationship. Based on a couple things that happened I'm hesitant to see the directors next movie, KILLING OF A SACRED DEER, because I've heard it's even more rough.

Comment

Working...
                                X