No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently on what I think is the endgame. I like the game, but I was getting burnt out on all the side missions. Had been playing a lot of gwent as well for all the damn cards. I think I started too late though, some people are gone now and I can't win their cards I think, like the Baron.

The hanging out with your Witcher buddies mission has probably been my favorite so far. Everyone seems to be in love with the Bloody Baron quest, I thought it was decent, not the best mission in an RPG ever. I definitely don't pity the Baron as everyone else seems to. I also didn't get the shocking ending most people seemed to have gotten
      Spoiler: Spoiler 
    Baron hanging himself. My Baron went off to try to cure his wife.

Also, Cirilla > Geralt. Her blink/teleport move makes controlling her a lot better than sluggish ass Geralt. I'm liking the game a lot, other than the fighting/control, especially enjoying the endgame so far.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
        Spoiler: So Bill, what'd you think about ye olde Bloody Baron and... 
      ...the flying dead baby spirit?

What balls they have, CD Projekt, to go for something so fucked and hilarious looking.
      That was the most fucked up monster I think I have ever seen. Horrifying. And my ending of the Baron was the same as Fil's. So, anyone figure out how Letho fits into the world? It's pretty outstanding.

Comment

Finished last night. Good game, despite my problems with it.

Spoiler: My Ending Spoiler 
        My Cirilla became a Witcher in the end. My Geralt romanced Yennifer and Triss, had a funny mission before the end dealing with the consequences of that decision.

I need to youtube the other endings. So close to a platinum, but I'd have to replay the game on the hardest difficulty
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thought, The Witcher 3 was white as fuck. Maybe I missed them, but I don't think I encountered any non whites in the game. Maybe Yennifer was Latina. I could hear one of my heavy accented family members pronouncing "Jennifer" like this.

Comment

Yeah, the universe is white as shit. Dude is Polish and wrote it as fantasy Poland/Sweden.

Comment

Thought I was at the end of the game, and nope. Seems to be quite a bit more left to do and see! I was going to power through so I could start Batman Tuesday, but I am just going to take my time and grab Batman this weekend. Made my Mastercrafted Feline gear last night though.

Comment

Got some ultra rare trophies tonight! WOO. Apparently I have done every single Witcher contract in the game. All the side quests I have left have to do with boxing, Gwent, or horse racing. Hopefully be done tomorrow.

Comment

Beat it last night. Wish I could see my actual play time, but the counter in game counts all the time spent on stand-by. This is one of the best games I have ever played. Just, full stop. One of the best. Even with the terrible horse controls and shit inventory system, it just doesn't detract one bit. If any developer ever says they are making a "cinematic experience" and they aren't looking at what Witcher does to tell a story, and make cut scenes so damn good then they aren't making shit. And the last 20 minutes? God. So good. It evokes Red Dead Redemption a bit, but it generated a nostalgia in me. Which is crazy because this game is a month old!

I have a few towns with notice boards to go visit, but I have completed all my Witcher contracts. I have a couple very low level quests in Skellige I didn't get to I will go back and finish. Otherwise I have all the boxing, racing, Gwent quests which I don't think I will bother with. But I have probably only a quarter of all the question marks on my map explored. And I am sure there are plenty not shown on the map too! I will probably find myself happily riding Roach around and soaking in how fucking beautiful this game is.

One WEIRD bug right at the end though. You're in a big army encampment, and I walked out of a tent and decided to brew whatever new potions I had materials for. So I did. Then all of a sudden a bunch of level 47 soldiers aggro on me and I have like 12 guys chasing me! What in the fuck is that about?

Comment

I'm stillllll soooooo on the fence with trying this game. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two and I fear that because I'm not big into fantasy I won't like it. But then posts like yours have me question that. Basically I'm saying, SEND ME YOUR GAME WHEN YOU ARE DONE SO I CAN TRY IT.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

IM JUST A DIGITAL BOY LIVING IN A DIGITAL WORLD

This game is light years beyond the first two games. Witcher 1 sucked. Straight up. Witcher 2 was WAY too difficult and gave no help in teaching you about the game.

But man. Witcher 3. This shit is something else. I honestly just want to walk around the world. But the story telling in this game is so amazing. I will be honest, if you're on the fence I say turn down the difficulty and just soak in the story. You can still die quick if you're not paying attention, but it won't be as unforgiving as the default difficulty. I say wait until it's dropped in price and try it, because you're not huge into fantasy.

Comment

Starting on Heart of Stone. Had a moment that really annoyed me after a shipwreck. Once I realized I did in fact have my gear then the fight became super simple and I moved along. The wedding/ghost quest is really funny.

Comment

Finished Heart of Stone. Fun, but very experimental. It's basically three very extended quests, and pretty different from anything in the base game. I only found one, very slight, upgrade and the patterns I found were for level 39+ and I finished it at 38. I never touched the runewright stuff at all, and really it just felt like a gold sink. Maybe if you're at higher difficulties it's more important?

Comment

Working...
                          X