Random Shit Dealing With Comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
    Nah. It would've been Silver Surfer trying desperately in the 1st panel to think of a way to keep Galactus from eating earth, and then returning to Big G's craft w/ his arms full of Twinkies, Fruit Pies and Cupcakes. Gives them to Galactus with a line like: " THIS shall sate your hunger, Galactus!" Nest to last panel is Big G licking his chops and saying either "Real fruit filling!" or "Real Cream Filling!" Followed by "Mmmmmmm!" And then the shot of Big G holding a sack of Hostess treats overhead (in each hand) and shouting "GALACTUS SHALL HUNGER NO LONGER!" in the last panel.
    Marvel beat ya to it. Sort of.

Comment

• So, the end of Civil War is kind of a wet fart, eh? Just based on the trailer for the new Cap movie it looks like they're changing a fair amount. Although I suppose the Winter Soldier is a more appropriate flashpoint that a bunch of dead kids. I'll have to google and see happened next. They probably hit a big reset button, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        So, the end of Civil War is kind of a wet fart, eh? Just based on the trailer for the new Cap movie it looks like they're changing a fair amount. Although I suppose the Winter Soldier is a more appropriate flashpoint that a bunch of dead kids. I'll have to google and see happened next. They probably hit a big reset button, I'm sure.

Post Civil War?

Spidey unveiled his ID, that got Aunt May shot. He cut a deal with Mephisto so that his ID is secret to the world again, but it costs his marriage to MJ.

Back to Spidey of the late 70s/early 80s in modern times.

Iron Man hardlines 00s neocon values, while antagonizing the superhuman community. Skrull Invasion happens, they fuck up the Extremis Armor and shanghai everything he's working on. Norman Osborn saves the day by shooting the defenseless Skrull Empress in the head with a rifle.

Instant American hero, SHIELD seized all of Stark's work and gives it to Osborn out of national security. Osborn creates the Dark Avengers and goes all Zero Dark Thirty on superhumans that don't play ball with him.

All the while, he's mentally fucking with the unstable superhero Sentry. Eventually, he rages out at the new Asgard and the real superheroes have to show up to take back their rightful moniker. This all happened in a 4-5 year span and ended in 2011 with Bendis bailing out of the Avengers.

If it reads like a choir, well it was a choir to experience.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That Spidey retcon is pretty dumb but I loved 70s/80s Spider-Man so... win some/lose some?

Comment

• Read DC's Rebirth last night. I'm interested. Might pick up a few monthlies, or now biweeklies for a bit.

Spoiler: Spoiler 
            Happy to see Wally West again.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Modern Marvel may well be the worst thing to happen to comics since the crash of the 1990s.

But holy shit, seeing how out of touch everybody is at that higher levels of that company has me howling with laughter sometimes.

How do people with outright disdain for their product and their consumer base continue to hold down jobs? Do they have tenure?
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                Modern Marvel may well be the worst thing to happen to comics since the crash of the 1990s.

But holy shit, seeing how out of touch everybody is at that higher levels of that company has me howling with laughter sometimes.

How do people with outright disdain for their product and their consumer base continue to hold down jobs? Do they have tenure?

Oh! You don't know about Marvel Legacy yet!

They can't even get the issue counts right for the launch in the fall. But, PREHISTORIC AVENGERS!

Ha. My hobby is dead.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Legacy and the trailer for it was like a parody.

Absolute trash.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

Legacy and the trailer for it was like a parody.

Absolute trash.

But, Spider-Man is poor again! Deadpool is bad again! Captain America isn't a Nazi anymore!

Comment

• HAHAHAHA you can't trick me ya beta clowns!

I'm sure they'll Twitter hire some other YA shitlord to destroy it all because Alonso is still in charge and Breevort still walks the Earth.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ, don't ever leave me again you bastard. :-D
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sorry for the extended absence, had to graduate fart school and realize the industry I'm going into is at the very least 75-80% filled with the cucked and the "oppressed."

I may or may not be drinking right now to soften the blow.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If life gives you cucks, become the Bull Russ.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Sorry for the extended absence, had to graduate fart school and realize the industry I'm going into is at the very least 75-80% filled with the cucked and the "oppressed."

I may or may not be drinking right now to soften the blow.
                              Precisely why I never dove into working for comics after college (just before the 90s boom/bust happened). The industry was buttfuck nuts back then and it's even worse now.

Welcome back, Russ. You've been missed and the place is now that much brighter with your return.

Comment

• Good to be back. If only a giant round of firings would happen to this company the industry would be that much better already. The causeheads need to stop. It is time to stop.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X