Give me TPB suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
    I love me some Morrison, but you can probably skip Marvel Boy.

I wouldn't. Not for a Marvel specific focus. Aaron built on a lot of the ideas setup there and fleshed them out. Hell, giant chunks of Marvel Boy informed Original Sin.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right. It just didn't grab me at all. It was sort of a let down after the Invisibles.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right. It just didn't grab me at all. It was sort of a let down after the Invisibles.

Morrison always seemed to gel way more with his own stuff and DC.

He got close with X-Men, but it had 2 strikes going against it.

1) It was essentially nothing more than a modern homage to the Claremont/Byrne run.

2) Jemas and Quesada fucked with him from the fourth issue until he left.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Which is a shame, since I think X-men 127, the Xorn one, is one of the best X-Men comics ever written.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

I love me some Morrison, but you can probably skip Marvel Boy.
            Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            I wouldn't. Not for a Marvel specific focus. Aaron built on a lot of the ideas setup there and fleshed them out. Hell, giant chunks of Marvel Boy informed Original Sin.
            I was probably going to read Marvel Boy anyway, just to be a Morrison completist along with Skrull Kill Krew and that Fantastic Four mini. I'll lower my expectations.

Thanks for all the suggestions. This will keep me occupied for a while.
            "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Morrison needs to do more with Marvel characters. He's probably too weird for Disney now, which is a real shame.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Morrison needs to do more with Marvel characters. He's probably too weird for Disney now, which is a real shame.
                Yeah, although I was surprised, but happy, to hear he had some more DC stuff coming. I thought I had read that he was done with DC, at least for a while, after Multiversity, then they announce all these books. Heavy Metal should be interesting as well.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                X