Nu DC Universe: Week Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nu DC Universe: Week Four

It's a bust. Stick a fork in it and then wait for the next turkey to get pooped out.

Current rumor is that one of the reasons Perez left Superman is because he was shot-down on doing the new origin. Apparently, DC wants the upcoming movie origin to be the origin across the board.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

So it's been about a month since the reboot/revamp/remake. General thoughts? Big win? Big snooze? Gonna last?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      So it's been about a month since the reboot/revamp/remake. General thoughts? Big win? Big snooze? Gonna last?

The problems I talked about before the launch are now coming to the surface. DC is stuck with this. Legal matters have beyond damaged their status quo, so now they're throwing worldbuilding into the hands of journeymen and washed-up talent.

That being said, Jeff Lemire and Scott Snyder will ride this shit to better books. They are killing in terms of exposure with this stuff.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        DC is stuck with this. Legal matters have beyond damaged their status quo, so now they're throwing worldbuilding into the hands of journeymen and washed-up talent.
        I.E. Keith Giffen taking over Superman.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          I.E. Keith Giffen taking over Superman.

Giffen got Superman because he's a friend of Didio.

Comment

Superman #1 was OK and Action Comics #2 was pretty good.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Action Comics is pretty good. Despite doing the origin again, Morrison knows how to tell a story, so it feels as fresh as possible while being insanely reverent to the original. The [Spoiler!!!] Corben-Irons Super-Soldier thing is surprisingly cliched for Morrison, but at least makes a fair amount of sense.

Funny how Superman got screwed on the last Crisis and ended up being arguably the worst of the flagship books, and now it appears to be the reverse.

Comment

Working...
              X