Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godfather and Godfather II are my top go to movies, followed closely by Goodfellas.

Comment

• She loved GODFATHER PART 2. I'd lay good odds on us doing PART 3 tomorrow (since she's sick again).
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        Movie nerd shocker: I like Goodfellas more than any part of The Godfather Trilogy. Coppola's best films were Apocalypse Now, The Conversation and Dracula.

The rest were a writer learning how to direct.

EDGY!
        It's weird that the correct answer is considered edgy.

Comment

• Suicide Squad - caught it last night on HBO. Wasn't bad, far better than Batman v Superman, but glad I didn't plunk money down on this. It's basically the Deadshot and Harley show (they had the longest profile stories in the beginning of the film), with these other guys thrown in, doing Amanda Waller's dirty work 'cause she done fucked up with her choice of selections for the team.

The Good: Some decent action scenes, Harley Quinn steals every scene she's in (I'm down for the proposed Gotham Sirens film. Also, Harley gets her Bruce Timm on, which I'm hoping they go with in the spinoff film, 'cause as hot as Margot Robbie looked in her t-shirt and fishnets, I want that classic red & black suit getting more screen time), there's kind of a sense of fun here (though it's not on the level of a Marvel film), and there's some attempts at character arcs and development. The Batman cameos are welcome, too.

The Bad: Grimdark palette and atmosphere in full effect, son! Lots of night scenes, evil magic bad guys might as well be shadows, and the whole tone just sucks the joy out of the second half of the film. Character designs are OK (Croc, Deadshot, Diablo were cool, as was Enchantress), but Joker and the Flash (brief cameo) need to go back to formula and fast. And I'll pay good money for a Batman cowl where we DON'T see his eyes. If Deadpool can pull it off, so can Batman.

I'm also fucking tired of my super-villains having these "come to Jesus" moments and dysfunctional backgrounds. Oh, your wife doesn't want you in your kids life 'cause you kill people for a living? Might want to reevaluate some of your life choices and career goals then. I WANT MY BAD GUYS TO BE BAD GUYS, DAMMIT!!!

Comment

• Watched GODFATHER 3 on Friday night. It played better than it ever has and we both liked it despite its faults. It's not in the same league as the other two films but it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Watched GOODFELLAS last night. The wife LOVED it. She's still processing but, a post viewing Q&A with her resulted in her placing at about the same level as the first GODFATHER.

It was fun. We banged through all four films in four evenings straight. Now, I've got her itching to watch THIEF and HEAT, both of which I have.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS- I should've seen this in the theater. The animation is ridiculous. I have no idea how they were able to animate some of the set pieces. And I really liked the story and the music, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Watched GODFATHER 3 on Friday night. It played better than it ever has and we both liked it despite its faults. It's not in the same league as the other two films but it wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Watched GOODFELLAS last night. The wife LOVED it. She's still processing but, a post viewing Q&A with her resulted in her placing at about the same level as the first GODFATHER.

It was fun. We banged through all four films in four evenings straight. Now, I've got her itching to watch THIEF and HEAT, both of which I have.
                Now that's good husbanding right there!

Comment

• Been rethinking Goodfellas recently and it's actually... sad how Paulie is pretty Goddamn loving and loyal to Henry. And it absolutely fucks him in the end.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS- I should've seen this in the theater. The animation is ridiculous. I have no idea how they were able to animate some of the set pieces. And I really liked the story and the music, too.
                    Saw this was on Netflix. Going to try and watch it once I'm back from the trip.

Comment

• Watched HEAT with the wife last night. First time for her. She really liked it but I think that her constant need to pause the film while she suffered through a coughing spree hurt the experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Been rethinking Goodfellas recently and it's actually... sad how Paulie is pretty Goddamn loving and loyal to Henry. And it absolutely fucks him in the end.

Henry Hill fucked everyone over because he couldn't do time. The actual 18 month sentence he got in Atlanta fucked him up and nobody ever got a real read why. Especially, when the ATL facility was so mobbed up that it was basically a sleepaway camp for gangsters.

The kitchen prison cooking scene in the film happened daily for 18 months there.

Hill fucked his family, his kids and all of his friends over. Bracco played his wife far too nice in the film. If you watch "My Blue Heaven", that is literally the loose story of the Goodfellas aftermath. Ephron and that team just lost the rights to call him Henry Hill and reference the main case.

Henry Hill was a piece of shit and everything he touched went to shit. Jimmy should've killed him and his wife when he had the chance.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• My Blue Heaven is a minor classic.

Comment

• Steve Martin is great in it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hendry was not a good fella.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Henry Hill was a piece of shit and everything he touched went to shit. Jimmy should've killed him and his wife when he had the chance.
                                Yeah I saw a BBC documentary on him and thought, "Yeah... he's in Hell now. Good!"

Everything about Hill (once he came out of hiding post-Goodfellas) is basically the 180 of what Scorsese was going for in terms of glorifying the awful things he did and piece of scum he was as a person.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X