Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard he's best avoided these days. Will do, mate. Cheers!

Hopefully doing Tenebrae or The Bird with the Crystal Plumage next.

He certainly seems to make fine late night viewing fodder. This will grant someone many passes in my book.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
      I've heard he's best avoided these days. Will do, mate. Cheers!

Hopefully doing Tenebrae or The Bird with the Crystal Plumage next.

He certainly seems to make fine late night viewing fodder. This will grant someone many passes in my book.
      Either one is pretty great. His library is one steeped in highly entertaining late night viewing.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Speaking of pandas, I watched Kung Fu panda again last night #segue

Its still the best American kung fu film of all time, in my opinion. If only for three reasons:

1) It GETS kung fu. The philosophy is spot on and you need look no further for proof than Master Oogway's conversation with Shifu about control, followed by his 'ascension'. Beautiful stuff.

2) It has a good story AND incredible, plot-driven fight sequences. Its not just another revenge film. I always considered the Tai Lung prison escape the film's highpoint, action-wise (it is amazing), but the Furious Five's encounter with him on the rope bridge is breathtakingly choreographed.

3) Its beautiful first, stylish second. The lighting and use of colour, not to mention the 360-degree camera movemrnt, is always to enhance the moment, not just for the sake of showing off some technology. This probably stems from having to create a world in 3D, rather than adapting a 3D world to your choreography - as in live action - but, while it does throw in some heavily stylised chicanery - including a glorious split-screen montage sequence - these things never remove you from the physics and gravity of that world.

Of course it works on many other levels as well, and I never realised how heavily the first half employs slapstick until now. Sure, that's for the kids and it does play into the kind of beating Po can and does take in the second half, but still - how many things can one panda walk into/fall over/be assaulted by?

An excellent film and one thoroughly enriched by blu ray. Those details and the richness of the world almost feel tangible. How does the second film compare? I've only received luke-warm feedback. But Oldman > McShane for me.
        Haven't seen the 2nd one, but I really loved KFP. It really pays hommage to all the kung fu mythos around the classic HK cinema.

But sadly Ben, you obviously missed watching Drive. No, not the Refn masterpiece, the Mark Dacascos movie. Yes. That movie alone is one of the best occidental martial art movie there is. the story sucks, but the fights are AMAZING, trust me.

Kung Fu Panda is maybe the kung fu movie, but the King of it all is still Big Trouble in Little China. It's the best Chinese Kung Fu Black Magic movie ever made.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          the Mark Dacascos movie. Yes. That movie alone is one of the best occidental martial art movie there is. the story sucks, but the fights are AMAZING, trust me.
          YES

Comment

• The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.

Seeing it again tonight with fresh eyes, it is an amazing film. Melancholic, introspective, and most of all, it is an astounding character study that manages to not only construct fully realized subjects to act out the events of history, but to mold them into a deconstruction of celebrity, the resultant fictions manufactured for public consumption, the wounded truths untold, the banality of living beyond one's glory days, and the toll exacted on those trapped or enamored with the mechanisms that urge the fabrication of legend and myth.

I'll say it again, it is an amazing film.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
              The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.

Seeing it again tonight with fresh eyes, it is an amazing film. Melancholic, introspective, and most of all, it is an astounding character study that manages to not only construct fully realized subjects to act out the events of history, but to mold them into a deconstruction of celebrity, the resultant fictions manufactured for public consumption, the wounded truths untold, the banality of living beyond one's glory days, and the toll exacted on those trapped or enamored with the mechanisms that urge the fabrication of legend and myth.

Parts were shot in Winnipeg. They blocked off entire parts of downtown and remade it into a western town. We hid in a restaurant that was supposed to be closed but we knew the owners and he let us hide. Got some really great pics of Brad Pitt being all cowboy-ish!
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• pics or it didnt happen

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  pics or it didnt happen
                  Sadly, the only place they exist is here:

http://www.chud.com/4863/cowboy-pitt/

But yes, I am indeed Ludwig.

Comment

• Sleeping Beauty (2011)
                    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588398/

It's like Pretty Baby with legal actresses.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• 'Fletch Lives' 1989.

It has its moments but it's not even close to reaching the level of the first one. Chevy seems forced rather than casual, and his acting is really lazy...walk in, deliver a one-liner, walk out. Wash//rinse/ repeat. Forced comedy rarely works.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I agree, Matt. I liked it, but it pales next to its predecessor.

Chase always seems to go that route in the comedies I've seen him in. Caddyshack, for example, was probably the best flick I've seen him in, but that's an extended walk-on role at best for him. Even his stuff in Spies Like Us was good, but he could've ratcheted it up a bit more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          'Fletch Lives' 1989.

It has its moments but it's not even close to reaching the level of the first one. Chevy seems forced rather than casual, and his acting is really lazy...walk in, deliver a one-liner, walk out. Wash//rinse/ repeat. Forced comedy rarely works.
                          I sort of really liked both Fletch films. I like the first one more but the second one wasn't without it's charms. I need to watch the original again.

Comment

• I just figures out the main issue with the sequel: The character of Fletch is an arrogant asshole in it. In the first film, he's a pretty regular guy who just happens to be able to bust out funny one-liners. In the sequel, he's got a superiority complex which makes.him come off as a jerk. Also, he isn't dealing with real characters in the sequel...he's dealing with caricatures and stereotypes. Its much more mean spirited.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              But sadly Ben, you obviously missed watching Drive. No, not the Refn masterpiece, the Mark Dacascos movie. Yes. That movie alone is one of the best occidental martial art movie there is. the story sucks, but the fights are AMAZING, trust me.
                              GTFO. I saw Drive about 8 or 9 years ago. Its OK at best. If you're gonna pick a Dacascos film, Brotherhood of the Wolf had better fights AND BellucciBreasts. It also doesn't have Kadeem Hardison, so its about 7 up on that film already.
                              Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                              The Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford.

Totally agree, one of my all-time favourites and everything that's great about it is hinted at in Dominik's first film. Seriously. TAOJJBTCRF is a much better film, but the ideas around violence, celebrity, justice, retribution, public perception, they're all there in Chopper.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I love 'Brotherhood of the Wolf' but I simply can't get over the fact that David Lee Roth is playing the lead. It takes me out of the film...laughing.

Comment

Working...
                                X