No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hasselhoff thing I found... kinda off-putting, and Stallone was a miscalculation. The point of his character was all there and well but Sly was the wrong guy. Didn't feel the emotional weight on his end (the Cliffhanger reunion notwithstanding). Rooker, thankfully, sells it.

All that aside... awesomeness and I was not a big fan of the original Guardians. Thought it got away with a lot of big problems due to its charm and oddness (and Pratt). This was a vast improvement. Russell is the best MCU villain, no question.

And I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      The Hasselhoff thing I found... kinda off-putting, and Stallone was a miscalculation. The point of his character was all there and well but Sly was the wrong guy. Didn't feel the weight (the Cliffhanger reunion notwithstanding).

All that aside... awesomeness and I was not a big fan of the original Guardians. Thought it got away with a lot of big problems due to its charm and oddness (and Pratt). This was a vast improvement.

Oh and Russell is the best MCU villain, no question.

And I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

I'm quite the opposite, as I like the Guardians more than I like the Avengers.

Hell, Civil War only worked for me because most of the focus was on Captain America.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Thought Guardians was OK. But what I appreciated the most was Marvel trying something different with a different breed of filmmaker and a non-superhero film, and it paid off for them.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• That's why we're not friends. Guardians, after rewatching it this week, is still the best MCU movie.

And bitching about the German divinity that is Hasselhoff makes YOU off-putting, camel-fucker!
          Last edited by Martin; 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• TeamMartin on Guardians. Shit's tremendous.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• GOTG2

It was good. Kind of caught me off guard that it didn't tie directly into any of the bigger Marvel universe story line. There's obviously places where it fits in, but it wasn't a big flag of we are one step closer to Thanos. I liked that it was basically just a father son movie. Shocked that there was an actual death in a Marvel movie though. They've always killed the suspense when you knew everyone would get away. So yeah, it was good...but I had way more fun with the Thor Ragnarok trailer than with this entire movie.

Comment

• Saw GOTG2 as well and the lack of progression towards Thanos was a bit unexpected but I really enjoyed the movie. The Father/son/Dad story was carried out well in my book. Rooker got to have a blast this movie and it was the better for it. Ragnarok looks like a fucking blast though, so the somberness of this one probably shouldn't seem as fun as the trailer for Ragnarok.

ETA: Dave Bautista is the fucking man. There is literally no one I can picture that could have been as great in the role of Drax.
                Last edited by B_Metal; 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Jen and I were over at her sister's new place, where the whole family was watching the first Thor and Avengers flicks. My niece is now a BIG fan of the Hulk, constantly asking me how strong the Hulk is, who can beat him up, who is this hero, who's that villain, can they beat up the Hulk, etc.

Here's hoping she's overcome with glee when Captain Marvel pops up in this cineverse.

NOTE: She wants to see the new Wonder Woman and Transformers films, too, but this is the Marvel thread, yo! We don't discuss dat shit here, son!

Comment

• Transformers? why???

Comment

• And yeah, I love that it's a simple father-son movie. And it's VERY effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Transformers? why???
                        She's 9. Her film watching palate needs work.

Comment

• Transformers is the shit.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

And yeah, I love that it's a simple father-son movie. And it's VERY effective.
                            It definitely follows the Empire Strikes Back formula, and rides that wave successfully. I wonder if Guardians 3 is going to be a big, bombastic third entry, like Return of the Jedi was.

Gunn has been pretty free to do as he pleases with the franchise, so far. The fact that Guardians 2 is not only one of the funniest but also darkest films in the MCU is a great accomplishment, and I hope he's fully off the chain to do as he likes with the third film.

Comment

• It can be bombastic...it just needs to resist the urge to become over-stuffed. 2 came close at a few points to being 'too much' but thankfully dialed it back from going over the edge.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Transformers? why???
                                Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                She's 9. Her film watching palate needs work.
                                Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Transformers is the shit.
                                This says EVERYTHING about Rob that needs saying.

ETA: Luv U BB

Comment

Working...
                                X