'When Harry Met Sally' AKA the ROMCOM/CHICK FLICK Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
    Four Weddings is great, but Andie MacDowell nearly ruins it ("Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed").
    Do you know, there's nothing I don't love about that movie, absolutely nothing - except that line! I even like Andie MacDowell for the most part in the film - except for that line! And at the end, when they finally get together - who on earth ever thought of keeping that in there?
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I hate Andie McDowell as an actress. Absolutely, 100%, talent free. She's very pretty and she seems very nice in interviews, but she really needs to stick to L'Oreal (or whatever the fuck it is) commercials and leave the acting to the professionals.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Andie McDowell is the perfect fit for Hudson Hawk. I think I'm going to watch that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          I hate Andie McDowell as an actress. Absolutely, 100%, talent free. She's very pretty and she seems very nice in interviews, but she really needs to stick to L'Oreal (or whatever the fuck it is) commercials and leave the acting to the professionals.
          Oh, I agree, but in a rom-com where she's just supposed to be "the object of desire", I don't think she was hired because of acting talent. At that time, Hugh Grant's star was on the rise, and I think you could comfortably say that the movie was resting on the charms of Grant, Kristen Scott Thomas, John Hannah, Simon Callow, and Charlotte Coleman. While it would have been great if Andie MacDowell had added something to that ensemble, I think the rest of the cast was strong enough on their own that it wasn't as noticeable that she was the weak link. The movie still works gangbusters despite her.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

She also was in the classic 80's St. Elmo's Fire. Could Judd Nelson's nostrils be any larger?

Comment

she was also dubbed over in 'Greystoke: the Legend of Tarzan' by an actress who can actually, you know, inflect her voice.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

She was in Mutiplicity......is that something?
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  She was in Mutiplicity......is that something?
                  Michael Keaton! We need more Michael Keaton. What has he been up to?

Comment

Toy Story 3 and The Other Guys - in theaters now.

How great would it be if Keaton made a comeback. He's another guy who never sucks.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Damn straight, he's great in Live from Baghdad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        Damn straight, he's great in Live from Baghdad.
                        Great HBO film.

Comment

Interesting fact, I know a guy whose sis was the CNN bureau chief for LA. She was in that control room at the time of all that shit going down. As usual, she's not listed anywhere in the film.
                          Last edited by Ed Hocken; 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

You Michael Keaton fans need to see 'Clean and Sober'. You'll gain a new respect for the man and his talents.

Comment

I've stated many times here my love for Keaton knows no bounds.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

LOVE Michael Keaton! Love love love!

Comment

Working...
                                X