No announcement yet.

Until Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully going to start this as a new BDRcade series where I play the game and Ceej makes all of the decisions.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Oh hey, this totem I missed the first time around sure would have helped me back then.

Comment

Having to use the word INVERTED should be your first hint that it's the fucking OPPOSITE of correct. Just saying, #EnglishMotherFucker
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

That made me laugh.

But you're still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            That made me laugh.

But you're still wrong.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

So now that I have all the collectibles and know the whole story there's really only one thing that bothers me about the story

Spoiler:  
              there seems to be no good reason for Hannah to have died. Granted, she had a broken leg but she was down there for a LONG time. It takes Emily like half an hour to figure a way out and Hannah couldn't have done that in the 30 days she was down there and still "Hannah"? I wonder if she had a developmental disability or something since mental issues run in the family.

Or the Flamethrower Guy didn't see her while he was hunting Wendigo? Maybe the Flamethrower Guy has an explanation in the "events of the past" video but I don't have all of that video unlocked yet so I haven't watched it.

Speaking of the Flamethrower Guy, is it possible to successfully pass the "don't move" QTE with him and Chris when they go back to the shed to rescue Josh? I definitely kept my controller still and it still registered a movement. I assume Flamethrower dies there no matter what.

Comment

I got to chapter 9 yesterday.

Spoiler: spoiling 
                The Josh twist was really given away in the final moments before they revealed it huh? Still, I liked it and it was true to the spirit they're going for. I loved all the ghost stuff with Ashley and Chris. The jump scares there were really great.

The wendigo stuff came from so far out of left field...but I guess everything has to be supernatural at some point so sure. The wendigo hunter dude died QUICK for me because the don't move sensor is so sensitive.

Speaking of mechanics...doesn't it feel like the choices and actions really take a nosedive once you hit the sanatorium with Mike? Up until then it feels like you're making choices and butterfly effects every minute, then it turns into a lot more exploring.

Comment

I think that's partly because a lot of behaviors later on are predicated on what you do early in the game, it's not completely binary. That said, I started a "everybody dies" play through yesterday (you can start at Episode 6) and butterflies were popping off all the time. It's interesting how there are entire sections of the game you can miss depending on what you do.

This will be the first platinum trophy I get. I don't know what it is about this game but I really love it. I guess it's basically a discarded PS Move game? I hope it does well enough that the dev team is able to make more games like this, maybe in different genres.
                  Last edited by gravedigger; 08-31-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Got that Platinum.

So I think I've seen all outcomes from Big Decisions but I know there are still some things I haven't seen because of routes taken and smaller choices. I think I'm done with this one for a while but I see myself coming back to try those smaller things eventually.

Comment

How many playthroughs did it take you to platinum, gravedigger?
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Two and a half, because I went spoiler free on my first playthrough. If you're really good* you can do it in one and a half.

*or don't care about surprises and just use a spoiler guide from the start

Comment

Cool. I'd probably go spoiler free the first time even though I've watched quite a bit of the game.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I think it's the only way to go on the first playthrough. I think it's neat how the collectibles actually add to the story and dialogue as you collect them. At the end when I was skipping everything, the kids were really dumb and had no idea what was going on.

Comment

beat it. Loved it. Replaying it.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

fucked up near the end
                                  Spoiler: spoilers 
                                Mike, Matt, and Jessica survived. Killed the cheerleader because I twitched while trying to hold the controller still. Murdered the fuck outta Emily because FUCK HER. Ashley died because I just had to see what was in the trap door. Chris died because fuck non-inverted controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X