No announcement yet.

Episode 17: "Jeeves, Fetch Me Some Sparklers Post-Haste."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, I got confused because he uses it, Ceej does as well among a few others.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Yeah, and he's made the list too.

They're ALL on the list.

Well, not really. BUT THEY WILL BE.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2011, 03:39 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
        Yeah, and he's made the list too.

They're ALL on the list.

Is that Stone Colds list?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

"I likes what I likes" is up there with "totes" in eroding my respect for you.

(not really, especially when the laugh-packed Broney-Hocken connection follows)

You got it right back!

IT IS TOUCH AND GO HERE.

TOUCH AND GO.
          I get the annoyance with "I likes what I likes" but sometimes it's the only real response. I mean I can say "I like Transformers 3 because of the SFX!" and then someone else can say "A movie is more than SFX so your opinion in invalid" and on and on. Neither of us is going to change our mind. So the "I likes what I likes" is now the the "Transformers defense" in which I don't feel like having a debate on the reasons I enjoy the things I do but instead I just want to enjoy them. However, once again I totes understand that it's a cop-out yet sometimes a justifiable one in my mind.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rherb View Post
            I get the annoyance with "I likes what I likes" but sometimes it's the only real response. I mean I can say "I like Transformers 3 because of the SFX!" and then someone else can say "A movie is more than SFX so your opinion in invalid" and on and on. Neither of us is going to change our mind. So the "I likes what I likes" is now the the "Transformers defense" in which I don't feel like having a debate on the reasons I enjoy the things I do but instead I just want to enjoy them. However, once again I totes understand that it's a cop-out yet sometimes a justifiable one in my mind.
            Dubbing it the "Transformers defense" is good. And it is just as nonsensical as the Chewbacca one. It fits.

And I understand it is an uphill battle when you stick your neck out for the dregs of entertainment in a hostile environment full of hoity toity moviegoers, but to give in is to let them win. Articulate your point and you're bulletproof.

It's when people remain vague or general about things that they invite the fun police to kick their door in and confiscate their beer.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Another terrific episode, you two! Thoroughly entertained, so as a way of saying thank you, this is for Lesley:

And this is for Rerb:

Comment

Works for me.

Transformers 3 works for me because I get caught up in the action pieces and the thought of these giant fucking mechanical beasts that do awesome things so much so that the "lack of real peril" or "a real story" matter not to me. The problem with the second one was that both the story and the action scenes were complete and utter garbage. This one worked for me with both Shia's story line (yeah it wasn't completely fleshed out but I kind of sympathized with his problem of not feeling important and not knowing what to do) AND the crazy fucking Baysplosions that were shot in pretty well in 3d. This may have had a better use of 3d then Avatar did, IMO. So yeah, the 3d shit helped (as I fucking love that stuff) as did the fact the fight scenes were actually shot so you know what the fuck was going on. Is it a great film? nope. But for 2.5 hours I felt like a 8 year old filled to the brim with sugar and allowed giant robots beating the fuck outta each other wash over me in non sexual orgy of SFX and Patrick Dempsy. And it totally worked for me.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I have no problem with that. Glad someone enjoyed it.

I would have also accepted "This is Optimus Prime. He comes from a planet called Cybertron...If Optimus Prime is from Cybertron then you must acquit."

But I get it. The transformative power of cinema and all. It's the main reason I haven't seen Super 8 yet. I fear it may do the exact opposite of what it intends.
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

I will do my part to not shit on someone's opinion if everyone will do their part to not use the transformers defense. Can we all agree to this?

Comment

But then I have to waste energy defending something that's really dumb and will do nothing to change anyone's mind. SOOOO HHAAARRDD MAAAAANNNNN

Comment

I hear you, trust me. I'm the guy that had to explain watching Smallville from start to finish despite knowing it was 98.5% utter shit.

Comment

But I get it. The transformative power of cinema and all. It's the main reason I haven't seen Super 8 yet. I fear it may do the exact opposite of what it intends.

Super 8 did the same thing that TF3 did for me.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            I will do my part to not shit on someone's opinion if everyone will do their part to not use the transformers defense. Can we all agree to this?
                            I will if you will.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I will give it my best effort.

Comment

And thus, the Transformer Defense was put in the "break in case of extreme inebriation or lack of credible defense" case, where it would sit until the desperate and frightened would break the seal.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X