Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We watched AKA TOMMY CHONG last night. Wasn't bad. Wasn't great. But it did...infuriate....

What a ridiculous thing our government is....
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Here are a few not mentioned that I really enjoyed...

A Crude Awakening: The Oil Crash
      This Film Is Not Yet Rated
      Who Killed the Electric Car?
      Inside Deep Throat
      Unknown White Male
      Capturing the Friedmans
      The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara
      The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill
      The Weather Underground
      Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey
      Atomic Journeys: Welcome to Ground Zero
      Nukes in Space
      One Day in September
      Party Monster
      Waco: The Rules of Engagement
      Microcosmos: Le peuple de l'herbe
      Trinity and Beyond
      Baraka
      Fires of Kuwait
      The Panama Deception
      A Brief History of Time
      Imagine: John Lennon
      The Atomic Cafe
      Koyaanisqatsi
      Vernon, Florida
      The Day After Trinity
      Gimme Shelter
      Woodstock

Comment

Damn Jeff. Schooled us all in one post. Bastard.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Shit yes, I thought I was a doc junkie!
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

wow nobody mentioned American Movie?
            You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Totally forgot about that one.

"It's alright, it's okay, there's something to live for... Jesus told me so!"

and my favorite exchange:
              Mark Borchardt: It's pronounced "COE-ven", man. What else could it be pronounced?
              Actor: "CUH-ven". That's the proper pronunciation.
              Mark Borchardt: No, no, no. No, no...”CUH-ven" sounds like "oven", man. And that's just... it doesn't work

EPIC.

Comment

Watching Confessions of a Superhero at the moment. Jesus, Ari and the rest of you out in CA, are these street performers really this crazy by the Mann's Chinese Theater? The Batman in this is fucking nuts. Wonder Woman is kinda hot. And Superman is fucking insane. Jesus. And the Hulk is probably the most normal of the bunch. I kinda feel bad for him. This is on netflix on demand, so check it out if you get a chance.

Comment

Yeah, those guys are nutzo.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Seriously, this Batman is talking about being a mob hitman and killing people in the 80's. WTF?

BRUCE!!!!

Comment

I'll have to check it out.
                      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

It was a pretty interesting doc. Could have been more in depth, but it was definitely fun to watch.

Watching The Pixar Story right now. I love me some Pixar.

Comment

Check out Dark Days and Spellbound if you get a chance.

Comment

Infamy & Style Wars, these are two graffiti docs that I love and own. I was a bit of a tagger when I was in high school. Style Wars was a regular watch for me and Infamy is one that came out recently that has a bunch of people I ran into or met over the years. I don't really know anyone personally in it, but I've met a bunch of them. Cool flicks if you are interested at all in graffiti.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Graffiti fucking pisses me OFF! I swear I'm gonna go all "Falling Down" one of these day's on taggers. Good graffiti art is cool but not gang shit and stupid names.
                              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I'll graffiti all over your face...fucking Republicans.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X