The Fifth Element: you're all insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fifth Element: you're all insane

FUCK this movie. I can't be the ONLY sane person on this forum who hates this movie with a fervent zeal.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

There are so many other movies to hate. I don't understand why this would be one? Unless you thought it was going to be something else?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

But what do I know? I enjoy Hackers and not The Blues Brothers.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I like it. Not sure it will age very well being so stylized.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh shit! He just threw it down!

For the real answer, it's not Besson's best. I would say LEON is his best, with maybe La Femme Nikkita after that.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post

I think that's part of its charm. I can't think of another sci-fi flick that is anything like this movie.

Comment

And Leon is definitely his best IMO, but this movie was too much fun. I dunno, I think that Judas is the first person I've ever talked to that HATES it.

Comment

I love 'Leon' and 'La Femme Nikita'. 'The Big Blue' was ok, and I never saw 'The Messenger'.

Previews for T5E made it look like something wondrous...almost Star Wars like in its originality. The finished product was a total mess of a film, and I would have walked out of the damn theater had I not been stuck with friends who wanted to stay.

Seriously, watching this film was the cinematic equivalent of slamming my dick in a car door.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

The style, the characters, and non-gritty future was what sold me.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                    Just watched it for the first time last night and it holds up. I don't think they were going for a 100% straight movie, the subtle humor worked great.

I can understand the hate for the Opera chick and Tucker got on my nerves slightly...but overall the movie is pretty fucking epic.
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

and I wanted to slap Milla Jovovich silly. She wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP with that stupid fake language. LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP RAMBLING.

Oh God, the singing blue squid lady...fuck. HATE this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post

Previews for T5E made it look like something wondrous...almost Star Wars like in its originality. The finished product was a total mess of a film, and I would have walked out of the damn theater had I not been stuck with friends who wanted to stay.

Seriously, watching this film was the cinematic equivalent of slamming my dick in a car door.
                        I thought it was pretty original. But in a way that I can see would polarize people.

Comment

and I wanted to slap Milla Jovovich silly. She wouldn't SHUT THE FUCK UP with that stupid fake language. LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD SHUT THE FUCK UP STOP RAMBLING.

I agree on the language it went on too long...once she learned all of history and every martial art, she should've learned Engrish...

MULTIPASS
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Lulz, he called you Judath.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You're all insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X