Hollywood Nice Guys and Gals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Nice Guys and Gals

I was curious as to the personal reputations of Hollywood actors. Who are the people who are genuinely nice to meet and work with, and who are the powercocks?

From what I have heard or personally know:
    Good guys:
    Tom Cruise (supposed to be a good guy to meet)
    John Travolta (I personally know a guy who dealt with him and had amazing things to say about him. I've heard elsewhere that he's supposed to be really cool)
    Joe Pesci (I've heard that he's a nice guy and always made a point of insisting that the grunts on any film set were treated well)
    George Clooney (heard he's cool and a real joker)

The Bad:
    Tim Allen (supposed to be a real prick)
    Steven Seagal (arrogant as hell)
    Katherine Heigl (supposed to be a jerk)
    Cary Grant (a cheap bastard and an asshole)
    Tommy Lee Jones (supposed to be the biggest asshole of all of them)

Others?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Tom Cruise actively promotes one of the most abusive cults on the planet. Strike him from the list.

Comment

That may be, but he's also supposed to be a genuinely nice guy. Very friendly to fans and helpful to people that he encounters.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Being nice to someone on the street doesn't excuse his helping fund some legitimate horrible operations. I mean, I dig Cruise and think he gets a bad rap as far as his career goes, but this is unacceptable.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonig...d-labour-camp/

I would love to meet Tommy Lee Jones. He seems like my kind of asshole. Not so much rude as just disinterested in the Hollywood bullshit.

I think John Lasseter is probably the nicest guy in Hollywood, especially with his track record...but I also wouldn't be surprised if they found a dungeon under his home.

Comment

Fincher's supposed to be a prick.

Keanu Reeves routinely gifts everyone on his work crews.
          Anne Hathaway is supposed to be cool.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Other good one that I've met :
            Peter Graves (met him when I was 16 or so when I was a busboy. Got his autograph. Couldn't have been a nicer guy, was thrilled to be asked for his autograph)
            Barbara Eden (was a busboy at the same place. It was Easter brunch and she was there as a guest. Extremely friendly and pleasant to everyone. Fucking GORGEOUS like you wouldn't believe)
            Marisa Tomei (said hi to her on the set of UNTAMED HEART when I interned in it. We weren't supposed to interact with the actors, but I was there moving something. I saw her, nodded, and she nodded and smiled. GORGEOUS)
            Christian Slater (same film. I saw him but didn't meet him. Heard from others that he was really cool)

Comment

The word on Tommy Lee Jones? People liked it when he played Ty Cobb because it forced him to be nicer than usual.

And yeah, I've heard that about Keanu. When he was in town filming FEELING MINNESOTA, he was very approachable to anyone that came on set. I remember the newspaper running pictures is him posing with strangers. As I recall, he'd finish filming a scene and go over to the crowds gathered and interact with everyone.

Comment

I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set. That's WHAT I heard.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set. That's WHAT I heard.

I heard the little brother from Alf got the little girl from Poltergeist pregnant. The end result was that the baby popped out of her like in Alien. Thus, no Poltergeist IV.

Don't believe the media lies.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    I heard Tommy Lee Jones buys care bears and lollipops for everyone on set and laces them with cyanide. That's WHAT I heard.
                    No shit?

Comment

I never actually heard that about Tommy Lee Jones. I actually never heard anything about him. And if I had it wouldn't affect how I feel about his roles as I'll probably never meet him and could give two shits about him personally. Same with anyone else on the list. I won't however excuse Tom Cruise for jumping on Oprah's couch, I mean come on man, NOBODY'S that excited for some Dawson's Creek pussy, not even Dawson.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Keanu Reeves' generosity is legend.

Comment

Can't mention nice guys without saying Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

For the lulz, enjoy

also fuck embed

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              Can't mention nice guys without saying Steve Carell and Paul Rudd.
                              Details?

Comment

Working...
                              X