Looking for a good gaming/editing laptop - HELP ME HELP YOU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good gaming/editing laptop - HELP ME HELP YOU

so yeah, like it says. I'm done with building full rigs for awhile and really need something much more portable. I'd like for the fucking thing to be able to play new games (my old rig is dyinggggg), be good for video editing, and to stream.

Any suggestions? I'd prefer not to go Alienware if only because they seem so overpriced with out the shit to back that up, and have been looking at some MSI lappys.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...laptop-so-far/

I've read other reviews on that Dell, and it seems like the best without going nuts on price.

Comment

Price isn't a huge deal (obviously I want it under 2k) but this fucking thing needs to be able to hang with games and that dell can't even play XCOM2 on high settings.

Was looking at this beast:
      https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2WC-000Y-001D0

My work wife has a version of this but 3 steps down and she really likes it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

If you want to spend under 2K you can get damn near anything. I don't know why you'd even want a laptop if you can spend 2K. You can build a RIDICULOUS rig with that.

Comment

I don't want a rig anymore. I want portability. I'm sick of being tethered upstairs in a no air conditioned room. I want to sit on the couch, work on podcasts, video, and game.

Comment

I'm no longer trying to be on the cutting edge of PC shit, I just want something I can throw in my bag that can hang with games and shit.

Comment

Why not just hook it up to the TV via HDMI and have a nice lapboard?

Comment

uh, cause marriage? I can't be some shiftless bachelor (without a live in girlfriend) like you and make decisions that only affect me. *TOTESNOTJEALOUS* Trust me, I'd love to have my computer downstairs hooked up but Lesley has poopooed that.

I just want to be able to work on my projects while hanging out with her, and a laptop seems to be the best option.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, but needing a desktop. I've heard good things about MSI for gaming, but that's about it.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    uh, cause marriage? I can't be some shiftless bachelor (without a live in girlfriend) like you and make decisions that only affect me. *TOTESNOTJEALOUS* Trust me, I'd love to have my computer downstairs hooked up but Lesley has poopooed that.

I just want to be able to work on my projects while hanging out with her, and a laptop seems to be the best option.
                    My computer is in a back room away from the living room. But I have air conditioning and a TV next to it I can also plug it into. Best of both worlds.

Comment

i just spent a lot of money on a ridiculous laptop. oh god.

Comment

ended up getting this.
                        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hope it's worth it. got it with 12 months 0% financing and based on my calculations I should be able to pay it off in 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          ended up getting this.
                          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I hope it's worth it. got it with 12 months 0% financing and based on my calculations I should be able to pay it off in 4.

Is that a drone or a giant fidget spinner in the background?
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

it's a cooling lap pad or some shit.

Comment

this fucking laptop is a goddamn BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X