Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest Toy Line of the 80's

I had that flamethrower...he was what gay kids wanted to be when they grew up...I wanted to be a Centurion
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Does anyone remember/ still have the Chuck Norris toys? I had both of these and I believe I have the purple dude somewhere. I remember thinking his leg was broken because it had that crazy kicking/swinging action.

Comment

I had a Karate Kid playhouse/Dojo thing. It was awesome.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Oh yah, I had all of the Over the Top figures. Including the playset so you could have your own Arm wrestling championships. Fuck I miss that thing.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I wanted to go to boarding school sooooo bad after I saw Over the Top....

Comment

I wanted to become Brundle fly and arm wrestle Sly.

Comment

AHHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Now that's a crossover!
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

After watching Rambo, I'm not to sure Brundle would win.

Comment

:'( Ok, it saddens me that I missed out on this thread as I was not yet part of the great podcaust group and there for missed the talk about Dino Riders :'(

So... be prepared for cool toy's I remebber. Meatbag mage mention of McNugget toy's which made me think about the great Food Changeables that you got with your happy meal at mickey d's.... I loved these damn thing's!
                    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I was all about Mayor McCheese's pullback race car. That thing was dope.

Comment

... well here are a few of the great great toys that I onced played with.

Air Raider's .... not very popular but they kicked ass!

Glow worm .... I was only like three when this thing came out and thanks to the glow worm I can sleep with the lights off today, so happy they brought this thing back... I'll have to get one for my daughter.

Muscle Men ... you had to have these in order to survive in school as you would trade them around.

Monsters in my pocket .... and if you didnt have muscle men you better have these!

Armatron ... this thing kicked so much ass it was ridiculous, I use to move all my action figures into war with this thing.

Lazer Tag ... This was a blast and all my friends where jealous, it was some what expensive but me and my bro would rock out.

Domino Rally .... ohh yes! My mom loved this thing because it kept me busy for hours

Sky Commanders .... and mom hated these, I had strings all down the stairs and hallways, these things rocked!

My Buddy .... dont laugh, I was only 5 when this came out and he was a big part of my life because he was my buddy when I had no buddy's :'(

Popples .... I'm afraid to admit this one but yes, I had 2 or 3.... I liked them because they would turn into a ball and you could roll them around

My Pet Monster .... but a few years later I grew up and moved onto monsters ;D

Mr. T .... Yes I know, but I once thought I was him.... I had the costume and all the gold jewelry. This doll/action figure even said "I pitty the fool"!

Super Powers ... and one of my favorite action figure lines ever, I think I owned every one and had them all placed in the Justice League Hall Of Justice case.

PoGo Ball .... this kicked ass! I thought I could jump like 20ft in the air with this thing!

"Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

Those are some epic toys right there. I had most of the Macdonald toys, and a few air raiders. I still have a ton of MUSCLE and Monster in My Pocket. I also had a graveyard themed domino rally and a ton of Super Powers.

Comment

Super Powers for the win for sure! I also had many many domino rally... the glow in the dark one was sweeeet!
                            Here's a cool site of the Super Powers figure's and the hall of justice!
                            http://www.toyotter.com/sp/hoj.html

Also had a few pairs of these

Comment

Holy crap! I had the Armatron and totally forgot. Nice!
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Here's something from my childhood I probably should have kept to myself: Whenever I wanted to dress up like Superman or Batman, the costumes were impossible to find. But I was a kid, and I needed to be superhero, damnit! So I had only one choice, one costume which I could always find available no matter what. So I wore that costume, and fought crime in my house as the greatest superhero ever. What costume was I forced to wear you ask?

Wonder Woman.

Comment

Working...
                                X