My Dell DVD Drive Done Died, Damnit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dell DVD Drive Done Died, Damnit!

I've got a Dell Dimension 8400 as my main 'puter, and after many years of service, my DVD drive's pretty much given up the ghost. Tried to back up a bunch of stuff on to a DVD yesterday and the computer wouldn't let me. Also, trying to play DVDs lately has come to naught.

I'm looking for some advice on a nice external unit that I can plug in via USB, and can burn and play DVDs - one that's pretty cheap, as I'm planning to get a new system set-up sometime this year, hopefully. And, yes, I'll order this puppy via the Amazon link here if I can. Any advice would be much appreciated!

http://www.discountelectronics.com/i...t_detail&p=830

Shove that beesh in your cpu and call it a day? Of course you might find a better place to buy it but it shouldn't be a difficult task I don't think. Unless you would rather the external, then I'm not sure as I've never dealt with an external DVD drive.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Thanks muchly, dude!

Comment

Eh no problem. Just make sure you get a good deal and buy from a reputable place. I only linked that one to show there are options out there. And be careful once you crack that dell open. Every one of those damn things I've ever cracked has sharp edges on the inside. Band aids will be used if caution isn't.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
          I've got a Dell Dimension 8400 as my main 'puter, and after many years of service, my DVD drive's pretty much given up the ghost. Tried to back up a bunch of stuff on to a DVD yesterday and the computer wouldn't let me. Also, trying to play DVDs lately has come to naught.

I'm looking for some advice on a nice external unit that I can plug in via USB, and can burn and play DVDs - one that's pretty cheap, as I'm planning to get a new system set-up sometime this year, hopefully. And, yes, I'll order this puppy via the Amazon link here if I can. Any advice would be much appreciated!
          Damn I just had the same thing happen to my Dell XPS M1530 Laptop..
          I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
          Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
          Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
          She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Dells gonna Dell

Comment

Working...
            X