Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Maxx

You're fucking welcome people.

I'd buy this in a heartbeat on dvd. I love the different styles of animation and I fucking adore Sam Keith. Also, I used to have a crush on Julie when I was a wee one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Awesome. I miss MTV. I don't think I've purposely watched that channel since the late '90s.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Mostly because they don't show cool shit like they did in the 90's...Maxx was dope
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Really dug this. Very weird as I recall.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

What happened here? They re-showed a few of the first ones and then stopped?

Side note, I was just looking for these online this past weekened.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

JUUUUUUUUULIIIIIIIIIE!

Always watched this on Liquid Television and The Idiot Box back in those halcyon summer days.

Have they even released any of the LT stuff on DVD yet?
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I think they may have some weird best of, but I want the full series.

Remember Dog-Boy?
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

There was a "Best of" Liquid TV a few years ago. Out of print now. Also, The Maxx was part of MTV Oddities, right?
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, with The Brothers Grimm and The Head.

Comment

Ah yeah. Oddities.

There was a The Head movie planned at one point. Man that would have been awesome.

MTV will put out a fucking Hills boxed set, but leave the fringe properties to fuck off and die. Nice.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

The Head was actually pretty fucking cool. Anyone remember Downtown?

Comment

The problem with The Maxx as a show is the same as the comic.

It fucking hit a wall and it hit that wall at top speed. There's a reason why Sam Kieth moved on. The narrative got to a point where it couldn't progress. Everything else would be recycling Julie's character over and over again.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

But until that wall was hit, it was a glorious ride.

Comment

Working...
                          X